IGNORED

How much is this NES set worth?

I don't know much about the pricing for NES stuff so I was hoping you guys could help me out. Also I don't know the rarity of these games. What is a good price for this stuff? It is a complete NES and 10 games. Includes the Deck, RF adapter, AC adapter, 2 Controllers, Gun, and 10 Games. The games are: Mario/Duckhunt, Q*bert, Yoshi’s Cookie, Tetris (not Tengen), Bubble Bobble, Snake Rattle and Roll, Godzilla 2, Wrecking Crew, Marble Madness, Pinball. All these games are cart only and the system does not have the box either. I hope you guys can help me! thanks:)

rough guess, for NES console complete with hookups and ten games, about $30-35, a little more on eBay. None of the games are that rare. Most would be less than $3 separately, except Godzilla 2 which would probably get a little more, maybe $8?

If the NES is blinky then plan on spending another $8 to get a new 72-pin connector so you should factor that in.

I think the Bubble Bobble is a bit rare.  That game I think I've actually seen that go for upwards of $10 with just the cart....but I could be wrong.

It's not that hard to find, but I think that it might get more money because of it's high name recognition. The DP guide has it as a rarity 1 cart.

So if you really wanted to pick up these specific games a few dollars more might be worth it.

Video Game Bible lists it as a $5 cart, but it generally goes for a litlte more than that in game stores. I'd say as a combo deal, anything under $40 would be a steal. $50 would still be reasonable. If sold invidually, those carts could fetch that much or more under the right conditions.

Wait a second...

If it is blinky, then don't buy the 72 pin connector until you try to fix it yourself... most of the time the bottom row of connectors on the 72 pin have just been pressed flat so many times (normal wear and tear) they have lost their bounce. All you need to do it carefully bend them back up and 95% of the time it fixes the unit.

I am not seeling this!! I never said anything about selling something like this! I want to know how much it is worth!! I have an oppurtunity to get this set and wanted to know how much is a good price to buy it at!!!

I wouldnt give em more than about 10.00 bucks you can find nes sytems at yard sales fairly common for 10.00 or less. With the amount of stuff you described. I bought super nes this morning for 2.50 with 2 games. My last nes system i bought had 6 boxed games and unit controllers etc. for 5.00.

There is a BIG difference buying at a yard sale and dealing with a person who is knowledgable about video games.

Exactlly... so why deal with someone who knows the story when there are so many who do not. I think that if your so hopped up about getting that system the by all means do the deal at $30 to $35. I, personally, would have a little patience and find a better deal.

But this points out the flaw in collecting. If you really want something you will pay more than you would for something you don't want.

Archived