IGNORED

Slide connectors??

jbay-75

I'm working on some of my old 2600 joysticks and decided I needed some of the slide-on connectors that join the joystick cable to the PCB board as some of them seemed to be making bad connections with the wire in the cable. I thought I could re-use the old ones after pulling them off and re-stripping the wire but the insulation is stuck in them. Does anyone know where to find these? I've looked around a bit on best-electronics and at RadioShack with no luck. Is this a common part or was it made just for the joysticks? As usual, any help is much appreciated :)

It's the prying open part I had trouble with.... I've lost any of the connectors I pulled off by now and I'd rather they look and work like an orignal so I'd rather not solder them to the board. But is that the only option at this point? :(

The connectors were manufactured for the joysticks specifically I think. Those are the options unless you'd want to get them from another stick. I suppose you could bend up some aluminum and make your own.

I still don't understand about them being loose...you could have just bent the edges of the connectors closer to give a tighter fit around the circuit board or crimped the end to bite better on the wire :?

The connectors in question were crimped around nothing but insulation. It looked like at one point a few strands of wire had come out of the end and made contact with the connector but they had since broken off. Oh well. I'll come up with something. I don't have any complete controllers for those cables to go with anyway as I had to scrap some broken parts etc. so it's no emergency. Just would have been nice to be able to buy a little box of those things. Thanks for your help though Nukey.

Archived