IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Weeks 22 and 23 ~ Summer FUN!

Vocelli

Can you explain what you are doing to exploit this glitch? I cannot reproduce it on actual hardware.

A few updates for me. Raft Rider is really dragging me down...

Raft Rider 3988

Shark Attack 139

Lost Luggage 4112 (had a killer game, no idea how Leto got 7K. That's madness)

post-409-0-29262100-1529377416_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-09586400-1529377449_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-54334900-1529377480_thumb.jpg

Can you explain what you are doing to exploit this glitch? I cannot reproduce it on actual hardware.

Raft Rider 3988

Shark Attack 139

Raft Rider is really easy as soon you get how to stop the movement one rail to another, as the game manual says: you can tap left to stop the raft or if you calculate really well you can get the money bags between the movement from one rail to another, every three bags you get one extra life, the enemy here is boredom. as for Shark attack, I use Stella 3.4.1 and 4.7.3 and the page free80sarcade and neither I can get the glitch to work, probably is a glitch only present in Stella 5.0.1. In lost luggage there are some levels that require no effort to pass, just stand in the middle and the all the way up, and all the suitcases will go directly to you

Raft Rider 3988

Shark Attack 139

Raft Rider is really easy as soon you get how to stop the movement one rail to another, as the game manual says: you can tap left to stop the raft or if you calculate really well you can get the money bags between the movement from one rail to another, every three bags you get one extra life, the enemy here is boredom. as for Shark attack, I use Stella 3.4.1 and 4.7.3 and the page free80sarcade and neither I can get the glitch to work, probably is a glitch only present in Stella 5.0.1. In lost luggage there are some levels that require no effort to pass, just stand in the middle and the all the way up, and all the suitcases will go directly to you

This glitch has been done on Hardware as well :)

I'm assuming the part that you cant get to work is the disappearing Shark?

That's the hardest to accomplish, it does take patience. Follow the video, that includes the configuration of pearls at the start.

To get the rapid pearls just gently tap up to the pearl from underneath and if done correctly the counter will spin.

Cash them in in, the head to the top, as the Shark passes go through the exit and keep going until you hear the sound.

Another glitch I discovered to day is the octopus? He can get stuck in the maze and cant get out, then you just get the perks!

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Edited by nads

I use Stella 3.4.1 and 4.7.3 and the page free80sarcade and neither I can get the glitch to work, probably is a glitch only present in Stella 5.0.1.

If you see a 'glitch' in Stella 5.x and not in older versions, more likely than not it's a problem in your code, not in Stella. Yes, Stella 5.x really is that much better than older versions. You really shouldn't be using anything older than the 5.x versions for testing during ROM development. The improvements in the latest versions are extreme.

The same goes for testing with other emulators. If you see something happening (or not) in Stella 5.x and not in other emulators, you should definitely look into it. The improvements in Stella 5.x are massive, and in several cases more accurate than any other emulator out there (except Stellerator, the TIA core upon which Stella is based).

• Like 3

These games are all pretty bad. Don't think I will want to suffer through them more than I already did.

I kind of like Pele's Soccer and Lost Luggage but I agree: Raft Rider is pretty bad and Shark Attack is one of the most infamously awful games in the Atari 2600 library. It's too bad because the basic idea is strong but the execution is terrible.

I'll admit it's kind of cute when the luggage opens up to reveal all the miscellaneous clothing. It's still a very, very, poor-man's Ka-boom. Eggomania is better too. Pele's soccer had a little bit of potential but the controls just were so clunky, and the graphics are just blobs... might have worked better as a foosball game. Shark Attack, could have potentially been fun if it had been programmed better. I liked the idea of having to drop off the diamonds in the middle. a nice little risk/reward mechanic: go for it? or drop off what you got so far?

Vocelli:

Been busy with work. Couldn't play as much.

Raft Rider: 8734

I like this game... relaxing and it doesn't kill my hands/wrists.

Shark Attack: 122

I like this game... I don't mind the sticking to the walls.

Lost Luggage: 3222

Hard on the hands... The game needs something more.

Pele: 2-5

I dont like this game... Very hard on my hands/wrist.

post-28484-0-34342400-1529684978_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-55179100-1529684992_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-89636000-1529685005_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-15354000-1529685022_thumb.jpg