IGNORED

bid war on Phase Zero

walter_J64bit

It amazes me that people have bid wars on things they can buy for less money and/or download for free!

How can one D/L the game and play it? I thought you needed a devkit to play the PZ rom? I don't remember it working with the Jag emulators either...

It amazes me that people have bid wars on things they can buy for less money and/or download for free!

How can one D/L the game and play it? I thought you needed a devkit to play the PZ rom? I don't remember it working with the Jag emulators either...

Having a dev kit helps or even a flash cart.

But, you can always find someone to program some EPROMS and use a two chip or four chip cartridge board (or use an old Cybermorph or Raiden or Tevor McFur) and assemble it. I think the copy available for download needs the universal encryption header added.

It can be done, just need the right tools to do it.

Glenn

Right. And the average Joe does not have this kind of stuff or money to do it. So, if they want to play PZ, the best and easiest way is to get the demo cart. Getting it "for free" does them no good at all.

But, you can always find someone to program some EPROMS and use a two chip or four chip cartridge board (or use an old Cybermorph or Raiden or Tevor McFur) and assemble it.  I think the copy available for download needs the universal encryption header added.

I have EPROM cart and I tried it, but without success. I certainly do something wrong, but I do not kno what :( When I put programmed cartridge to Jag only red screen appear. Have somebody here working image of PZ with header?

Thunderbird wrote:

Not everone here have a devkit! If it ran by using Jugs I would be playing now! he he

If someone had access to the source code you probably COULD be playing it with JUGS. The version out there was compiled specifically to run from the cartridge slot addressing. All it would take is a simple chamge and it would run from internal RAM. It might need to have some levels removed to make it fit, but you could just make a different program for each level.

If you don't have a Flash Cart or Alpine, the cheapest way to play Phase Zero is to go to a JagFest! While there, you could play all sorts of other things you may not get to otherwise... I wish I had the time to go to one... it's been a while since my last Jaggy event. Perhaps next year...

If you don't have a Flash Cart or Alpine, the cheapest way to play Phase Zero is to go to a JagFest! While there, you could play all sorts of other things you may not get to otherwise... I wish I had the time to go to one... it's been a while since my last Jaggy event. Perhaps next year...

Absolutely right, and only 8 days to go :) :D

Stone

If you don't have a Flash Cart or Alpine, the cheapest way to play Phase Zero is to go to a JagFest!

I hate beating a horse that has been dead for two years, but there is no JagFest in Florida.

Why don't you get together with MIAUG and put one on? It'd better be in December, though, so that I can attend. ;)

Archived