IGNORED

Advice for parting as needed

Hello all,

Was hit with bad news yesterday, at the young age of 24, Im going to need full back surgery. After the initial crushing blow, I went ahead and called my insurance to see what I was going to owe, and then followed another crushing blow of the total. Damn near 10k.

Well thats how life wants to play me, so Ill need to start parting with my collection. Unfortunately, most notably my blue whale, most likely.

Whats the best way to sell off bits of my collection? Ebay pieces like Ive seen HumbleJack doing, or should I try posting marketplace? Or any other ideas, I dont think the community is big enough to Craigslist.

Thank you for the help, overwhelmed at this point.

Decide what realistic price you want for your rarest items and post here/Marketplace first. Someone may bite and you can avoid some fees. If no luck on AtariAge, try eBay.

Really sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully your surgery goes well :thumbsup:

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Decide what realistic price you want for your rarest items and post here/Marketplace first. Someone may bite and you can avoid some fees. If no luck on AtariAge, try eBay.

Really sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully your surgery goes well :thumbsup:

Thank you for the words. I dont often venture out of the Intellivision forum, so is the best bet to post in the overall marketplace then just link on some post here? As for pricing, I have no clue, guess Ill just throw out a number and see where it lands, as that is by far the rarest item I have, which will ideally put a dent in the total owed.

Thank you for the words. I dont often venture out of the Intellivision forum, so is the best bet to post in the overall marketplace then just link on some post here? As for pricing, I have no clue, guess Ill just throw out a number and see where it lands, as that is by far the rarest item I have, which will ideally put a dent in the total owed.

Officially post it in the Marketplace, but feel free to post here to draw attention to it since many here don't frequent the Marketplace. I'm no expert on Blue Whale value, but I'm sure interested parties will PM you offers. Good luck.

Officially post it in the Marketplace, but feel free to post here to draw attention to it since many here don't frequent the Marketplace. I'm no expert on Blue Whale value, but I'm sure interested parties will PM you offers. Good luck.

Thank you Jason. I appreciate it. Well on that note PMs welcome.

Sorry to hear about your back surgery.. I hope you will have a full recovery ..

Thank you my friend.

Thank you all for offers, I am continuing to listen to them all. Please continue to send, in the interim I will probably just list it on eBay for 10k (gotta dream right?) buy it now (surgery cost) and if we reach a deal on AA, then Ill just pull it off,you all are a lovely supportive community.

• Like 1

Ugh. So sorry to hear about your health issues, thats tough. As for your collection, as Jason suggested I would absolutely try here first for most items but as you have seen with Hanks collection, eBay will probably serve you well. I cant remember off the top of my head but was your KC boxed?

Ugh. So sorry to hear about your health issues, thats tough. As for your collection, as Jason suggested I would absolutely try here first for most items but as you have seen with Hanks collection, eBay will probably serve you well. I cant remember off the top of my head but was your KC boxed?

Appreciate the kind words. Not boxed, just has a print out of the pdf manual, and an INTV1 with a serial under 1k.

It works as far as I can test it. Screen comes up, command line works, I can even open the cassette door with a command on CL. But I have no cassettes to test. It does play carts through the module fine.

Put it on eBay with the amount you need and a best offer that works after fees. If it doesn't sell for a super premium on eBay take your best offer here. Prices recently have been right around 3K except that CIB one that slipped through for $2600 or so when I was broke a few years back. LOL

• Like 1

It’s just my surgery number, best offer is on

Thank you!

Ah, no I really meant good luck in getting that price to pay your bills. I can't afford it even at half the price right now. :)

-dZ.

I'm not buying Intellivision stuff, but I wish you the best of luck with the surgery and the recovery afterwards. If you're in pain now, this could be the best thing that you could do.

I'm twice your age but I had ACDF surgery about 3 years ago to correct stenosis in my neck. I found the spine health forum to be an excellent resource, you might too. I sincerely hope that like me, you'll find that you are a lot healthier and luckier than most of the people posting in there.

Your spine and your health is more valuable and important than any "blue whale," Intellivision-related or not.