IGNORED

Jaguar PC Games

jaysmith2000

Ok guys,

Help me out here. What Jaguar CD games were officially released for the PC? I know this topic has come up before, but I wasn't able to find it.... :?

I'm only aware of Tempest 2000

I'm primarily interested in Baldies, Highlander and Flip Out?

Thanks all.

Jason

Atari planned to produce games for IBM PC/compatible computers in 1996. The only one that was actually released was Tempest 2000. Interplay later released another version of the Tempest 2000 CD-ROM, which had both an MS-DOS version (from Atari's earlier release) and an all-new Windows version.

Baldies was eventually released for PC by Panasonic.

I heard that the PC version of Flip Out! did come out, but I don't know who published it. I've never seen it in stores myself.

Atari planned to produce games for IBM PC/compatible computers in 1996. The only one that was actually released was Tempest 2000. Interplay later released another version of the Tempest 2000 CD-ROM, which had both an MS-DOS version (from Atari's earlier release) and an all-new Windows version.

Baldies was eventually released for PC by Panasonic.

I heard that the PC version of Flip Out! did come out, but I don't know who published it. I've never seen it in stores myself.

Thanks for the info Agent X. The reason I ask is I've recently come across some work in progress CD's out of Atari Headquarters. There is various beta level as well as complete working games of Highlander, Flip Out and Baldies, about 15 CD's in all...

Jason

I've got an Atari Interactive version of Baldies. It appears to be a glass- mastered CD (not a CD-R) and has a normal printed face. On it it says "Preview Copy Not for Resale".

Pretty cool, though I couldn't get sound to work and it ran REALLY fast on my Athlon 2400 :)

-Kevin

The following Jag games were released on PC:

Attack of the Mutant Penguins (Empire Interactive)?

Baldies (Empire Interactive)?

Flip Out (Empire Interactive)?

Tempest 2000 (Interplay)

Vid Grid ()?

? means that I'm just not sure if this was the publisher or not but I have all the games in my collection somewhere and will check it out and tell you later!

BTW I saw some years ago a nearly finished Highlander for PC but it never got released!

The following Jag games were released on PC:

Attack of the Mutant Penguins (Empire Interactive)?

Baldies (Empire Interactive)?

Flip Out (Empire Interactive)?

Tempest 2000 (Interplay)

Vid Grid ()?

? means that I'm just not sure if this was the publisher or not but I have all the games in my collection somewhere and will check it out and tell you later!

BTW I saw some years ago a nearly finished Highlander for PC but it never got released!

I've got the Highlander although it is a beta. I just had it running on my Win98 PC upstairs... :) The batch of CD's I got included 3 different betas of Highlander.

Jason

OK I checked my collection and here is the correct list of published games with the right publisher:

Attack of the Mutant Penguins was released under the name

"Mutant Penguins" (GAMETEK)

"Baldies" (Panasonic Interactive Media)

"Flip Out!" (Take Two Interactive)

"Tempest 2000" (Interplay)

"Vid Grid" (Virgin Interactive)

OK I checked my collection and here is the correct list of published games with the right publisher:

Attack of the Mutant Penguins was released under the name

"Mutant Penguins" (GAMETEK)

"Baldies" (Panasonic Interactive Media)

"Flip Out!" (Take Two Interactive)

"Tempest 2000" (Interplay)

"Vid Grid" (Virgin Interactive)

Thanks SpaceAce!

This may not fit your critera, but didn't a PC version of Towers II come out as well?  Or are you just asking about Atari before the Crash-N-Burn?

You're right it did! I had forgotten about that. I was mainly concerned about Highlander, Flip Out and Baldies because I recently got some betas of them.

Jason

This may not fit your critera, but didn't a PC version of Towers II come out as well?  Or are you just asking about Atari before the Crash-N-Burn?

I'm not sure if a PC version of Towers II exists(never saw one) but Towers II was first released on the Falcon and later it was ported to the Jag, so its not a port of a Jag more of a Falcon one or else you could count Myst, Spaceace, Dragon's Lair, Braindead 13 and many other Jag games which are also available on the PC!

Archived