IGNORED

No sound from 5200

Nemesis

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Oh boy, you are gonna think I am a nut for this.... :P I would only recommend this as a last resort. You need to get a can of 'Tun-O-Wash' made my a comp. called Chemtronics. Available from Hosfelt Electronics, Newark Electronics, Just use Google to search.

Ok, what this stuff does is dissolve/blast any foreign matter out of an electronic item. Don't use on any HOT Electrical device (E.G. Tube) but on common items like video games it's fine. (turn the power off) You need to locate the RF output of the 5200,as well as any circuitry nearby, and douse it thoroughly with this stuff. (you may have to remove RF shielding) It is like 'tuner cleaner', but unlike the stuff that RS sells, it actually works. OK, fine print, this stuff COULD mess up certain plastics, it is pretty nasty to breathe, don't drink it, etc. But it has definately saved my Atari 7800 as well as a Sega Genesis, and an N64. The fact is if you can't do anything else, it is worth a try. The Tun-O-Wash costs about $12.00, a bit of money if it doesn't work, but if it does....

My Sega Genesis showed the exact same problems that your Atari did, it may be worth a shot.

Marc

Archived