IGNORED

PCB3 Settings for 27C32 EPROM

Sheldon Sims

These EPROMs seem to be troublesome, as it some burning software sets the wrong programming voltage for this part. It should be 6.0 volts. I've seen software set this to 5.0 volts (such as the software that came with my burner) and that definitely does not work for me..

..Al

I am getting random errors trying to write to a NMC27C32Q-45 EPROM.  Has anyone else used a  PCB3 (Willem EPROM Programmer) to program 27C32 EPROMS?  What should I set the tWP and tWC settings to?

Thanks,

Sheldon Sims

tWP = Vpp = 25.00V

tWC = Vcc = 6.00V

Hope that works with your software. :)

The settings are in uS format, and the defaults in the software are as follows:

tWP = 140.0 uS

tWC = 20.0 uS

I was thinking that these were delay times in microseconds or something?

My EPROM burner is from Holland, and the English instructions are not too detailed (or maybe I just don't know enough about electronics and EPROM programming). :?

Sorry, I was looking at the programming voltages for that peticular device in my software, I didn't realize that you have uS settings.

I checked their website and that device is not in the list of supported devices but they do have a message board, you might want to ask there.

http://www.willem.org

Thanks for all of the help. The Willem manual said to keep increasing the tWP and tWC settings as long as random errors were popping up, so I did. I must have erased the same EPROM 20 times. I finally got an error-free EPROM using the following settings:

tWP = 491.0 uS

tWC = 71.0 uS

I'm sure every EPROM is different, but these settings worked for a National Semiconductor NMC27C32Q-45 EPROM. :D

Archived