IGNORED

Anyone ordered their Tutorial Book yet?

Their? His!

I suppose it is a sausage fest here. That said, there have been non-male participants in the Intellivision programming community. I'm not sure that there are any currently. (If you're out there, speak up!)

In any case, I know I have a copy on the way, and a few others have mentioned they have copies on the way over on FB.

• Like 2

Yeah, sorry for the more bad grammar. I was destroyed yesterday staying up testing a new 2600 game for a contract.

I don't think it was bad grammar, I think IntyMike was making a joke. Typically, "their" is used in place of a gender-neutral pronoun, with the assumption that it could be a male or a female; so he was saying that it's only guys around here. :grin:

-dZ.

#!metoo #BlockLivesMatters

• Like 1

I suppose it is a sausage fest here. That said, there have been non-male participants in the Intellivision programming community. I'm not sure that there are any currently. (If you're out there, speak up!)

In any case, I know I have a copy on the way, and a few others have mentioned they have copies on the way over on FB.

Sorry, got the sentence wrong. I read it the way that "their" was for Oscar and not us (male or female) as the customers. Damn language barrier. ;)

Edited by Intymike

Sorry, got the sentence wrong. I read it the way that "their" was for Oscar and not us (male or female) as the customers. Damn language barrier. ;)

No worries. :) English itself is weird. The sentence itself could be read either way. And even among native English speakers, not everyone agrees "they/their" can be used gender neutrally.

In any case, the real question for folks reading: If you haven't ordered your copy yet, when are you going to? ;)

No worries. :) English itself is weird. The sentence itself could be read either way. And even among native English speakers, not everyone agrees "they/their" can be used gender neutrally.

In any case, the real question for folks reading: If you haven't ordered your copy yet, when are you going to? ;)

In this case my answer is: I already did.

There is the hardcover now also available. And it doesn't cost much more with the 50% off coupon.

• Like 1

I'm looking to buy the book as well, just have to figure out where to order it from. I think I need to buy it from the French site.

Edit: Hm, it still says 0% VAT even when ordering from France. I don't really like that, as in the end 0% might mean 6% + another $8.50 in unnecessary handling fees.

Ok, I'll make an order anyway and see what happens. The ONESHIP code didn't seem to apply to the UK storefront, though it applied to the French and German storefronts. Anyway, in case Lulu has any aspiration to become the next Amazon, they're well on their way when it comes to a complex and confusing ordering system at least.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

For all intents and purposes, there is one in the Intellivision too!

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/files/resized/298350/908;723;a48398f7a7c06f0b7f2e8e5952e56d76fa9f6816.jpg

(Nice box, courtesy of Intellivision Revolution.)

Fun fact: Once upon a time, I managed to extract that from the Dig Dug ROM to make a playable stand-alone game. I believe I missed one or two bits in the EXEC dispatches, so I think it still crashed on rare occasion, but the extraction was pretty mechanical.

That probably would have been 17 or 18 years ago now, back when I still used my @primenet.com email address for INTVPROG.

• Like 1

Fun fact: Once upon a time, I managed to extract that from the Dig Dug ROM to make a playable stand-alone game. I believe I missed one or two bits in the EXEC dispatches, so I think it still crashed on rare occasion, but the extraction was pretty mechanical.

That probably would have been 17 or 18 years ago now, back when I still used my @primenet.com email address for INTVPROG.

I have seen your work for a number of years, since maybe the late 90s, and have had email conversations with Mr. Fisher himself some years ago as well with his Nostalgia.... I'm now having nostalgic memories of having nostalgic memories...

And I have seen that dedicated ROM posted somewhere, just "Deadly Dogs", and was wondering if it was some, later or official, release of some sort. It made me think as well if Dig Dug and Deadly Dogs were two completely distinct programs/ROMs in one cartridge mutually controlled only by the title page being some pointer to an address, or if they were embedded into each other in the same program like, for example, procedures called by maybe some IF statement.

Hopefully we're not hijacking the thread with off-topic stuff, but it is interesting, and my upcoming contest entry is dedicated to exploiting ... errr, EXPLORING ( :grin: ), this historic weird soup mix of games and game characters.