IGNORED

Atari 800 problems - made a short video

adam1977

Many thanks, that's very kind of you to check for me :)

I was actually just about to post that i've carefully scraped off the foam from the back of my old speaker and it says Regal, 2 1/4", 63Ω, so after a search online, good old eBay had one very similar: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Slim-Speaker-50mm-64-Ohm-Impedance/121656555779?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I just need a new ROM board now, does anyone have one for sale? If I bought one from over the pond would it work with my PAL 800? :)

Edited by adam1977
  • Like 1

Ah that's good, I was looking through the field service manual, and your findings match mine:

CA011840 Speaker Assy (63 Ohm)

That part number is listed at best Electronics: http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/addendum.htm

"Page 85 Atari 400/800 Internal Mini Speaker with wire harness CA011840 $3.95"

Your ebay finding will be cheaper/closer. I don't have an 800 handy to confirm 50mm but you do, so I presume you verified that. :)

• Like 1

Thanks also for checking for me, there's some great people on this forum :)

The new speaker i've bought is actually smaller by about a quarter of an inch, but the most critical part I think is the rear part that fits into a moulded part of the 800, from the pictures it looks a good match, but we'll see when it turns up in the post :-D

Edited by adam1977