IGNORED

HSGPL help

Shift838

I wanted to sit down today and see if I could figure out Tony's SNUG system with his HSGPL card.

I can get into the HSGPL by using CALL HSGPL from basic.

It seems there is a menu that is keyed from the boot that shows the various programs that are accessible.

Currently there are 3 screens and as you can see There are options A to X. to be able to select the second and 3rd pages you press space bar to cycle the options.

I am having a hard time figuring out where this menu is. If it is generated by the programs that have been loaded on the HSGPL via the HSGPL card itself and the HSGPU.

Anyone have a HSGPL card that does work and you have loaded with a SNUG HSGPU unit?

I know Tony really liked menus for everything so it very well could be hard coded in some chips that are on the HSGPU, but i know if I pull the HSGPL card then the system will not boot, so it leads me to think maybe the menu is being created by the HSGPL card and I just have not figured out how yet.

post-35187-0-87838100-1535312940_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-23112500-1535312946_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-54747300-1535312950_thumb.jpg

Do you have a copy of the HSGPL docs? I would go through the individual banks and examine the contents of each. That might give you a clue. Tony did some pretty "exotic" things with both the console GROMs (which are replaced by the HSGPL) and the banks themselves. There is no telling where he hid the menus. Is there a Horizon RAMdisk or HRD16 RAMdisk in the system?

• Like 1

i downloaded the docs of the snug website, but really not much there besides explaining the software piece of it.

I have loaded up the HSGPL utility via the CALL HSGPL command and perused the banks and can see everything that is from the menu system. of course many of them do not work.

Insane Multitasker provided me with a set of disk that contain backups of those banks as well.

There is no ramdisk or hard drive system in the SNUG system. it has:

Myarc FDC 80 track

CorComp Triple Tech

Digit AVPC

SNUG SGCPU

SNUG HSGPL

TI RS232

Edited by Shift838

I know Tony really liked menus for everything so it very well could be hard coded in some chips that are on the HSGPU, but i know if I pull the HSGPL card then the system will not boot, so it leads me to think maybe the menu is being created by the HSGPL card and I just have not figured out how yet.

For awareness, I had dumped the banks as a backup and to search for the menu, the latter to no avail. I was never sure if I missed a bank or a special location. Many of the programs probably ran from the ramdisk or a hard drive device but neither is required to launch the menu. I did search an image of Tony's ZIP drive for the items on the menu, hoping to find the source or a copy. Hopefully you can figure it out.

I suspect quite a few were ran from Ramdisk or hard drive as well.

i did find a source of a menu system that shows an example from the HSGPL and it looks very similar, this is auto load from XB (menu is EA option #5). I found it on WHTECH ftp site.