IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Eye fixing

RSS Bot

Last night I worked on Mr. Stick for Game Boy. I fixed the eyes so they're a lot better now. I also added in the game logic for the vegetable or candy getting. It took a whole lot of time, maybe a couple hours, to put in that background. I decided to, but it was persistent in not letting me. Finally, some really weird code later I had the background in. I can't explain what I did, though, or why it works.

I have a little story for the game. Mr. Stick decides to trade his cow for something better since he's poor. He meets a guy with magic beans. Mr. Stick knows better than Jack to trade his cow for magic beans, so the guy starts throwing his beans at Mr. Stick. Since they're magic beans, Mr. Stick would get really sick if he accidentally ate some. So he decides to dodge them. But what's also in the bag of magic beans is some candy. Mr. Stick really loves candy, so he needs to eat it.

I also put in some in-game music. And a score. But no collision detection quite yet. I'm still trying to decide how to do that. After I was done, I went to sleep at 6am and woke up at 11:30am. I need more sleep. And it's hot in here.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15001-eye-fixing/