IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Greed is stupid

RSS Bot

I have noticed that there are only a few cable channels I can record now. Forget networks. I am so sick of greed I could kill myself. Why would anyone care if I record something off TV? Yeah, like I'm gonna sell it. Do people actually do that? Is that why they stopped letting you record network TV channels? No. It's greed. Just the very thought of someone recording something for their own private use makes them fearful that they'll lose a penny even though they won't. It's greed, folks, and it has destroyed TV. I miss the days when I could tape stuff off of TV, but now it's just a distant memory.

In this world, greed has taken over fun. What used to be fun now has greed coming before it, stripping away the fun until it doesn't exist. Why watch your stupid shows if a.) I can't record it. and b.) you will never make a DVD set of every single show you air on your channel? So there is really no point in owning a TV any more, except to play video games on. And I doubt the local news would care if you recorded it, but it doesn't really matter since you can't any more.

Here's a message for the greedy idiots that ruined TV: You've just lost a potential buyer of the stupid products you air on your stupid crap-filled channels. And you know why? Greed. It just really angers me that the only channels I care to watch I can't record anything on. I've had it. It's only a matter of time until they come up with a way to prevent you from keeping old paper-based articles, like in magazines and books. I bet 10 years from now, books will no longer exist. Why? Greed. Just one step closer to my world coming crashing down, and what used to be fun you can no longer do. It's almost like they want you to suffer. Then you get depression and they force stupid drugs down your throat. The same ones they advertise on the channels I can't record. I see it all now. And it makes me want to die.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15003-greed-is-stupid/