IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Quest of the Cranberry

RSS Bot

The internet was mostly out yesterday. This led me to more time programming. I didn't go to sleep until 2pm, because I was having "fun" programming. I started with the Channel F because it had been a while since I last programmed it. I want to make an adventure game, a lot like My History Teacher Ate Lemons, only for the Channel F. A hard task. I had problems from the start. The guy I made looked crappy when he was moving. I even had him animated, but I had to scrap it because it looked atrocious to me. So I wondered what made Killer Heads of Lettuce look so good. I figured it out: No 1 pixel lines. Then I wondered, well, what can I make that doesn't have any? And have it be red, green, blue, or white?

This is Craig Crandall the cranberry. He's going on a quest. It seems like ants have taken his girl hostage and are threatening to eat her. So this is Craig trying to find her. This is going to be a lot like Pitfall, where you move left or right from screen to screen, but it's a topdown view so you can move all around the screen, even diagonally. I got it so it actually does that and doesn't leave a trace of Craig on the previous screen (which was also hard.)

I also plan to have a health percentage on the screen, but first I have to add an enemy. The first, and most common, enemy will be a blueberry. The blueberry follows you until you leave the screen you're on.

I woke up at 5 pm to mom coming home, waking me up and wondering where the internet went. We called Century Link and they said there was a power outage in our area. No, my power is fine, thanks. Except for the internet not working. They said it'd be back up September 1 at 4am. A few hours later it was up. So then I went back to work on my game, and fell back asleep at 10pm.

I figure now is the time to figure out how to make 4k games on the Channel F. but first I have to run out of room. I wonder what the largest size a Channel F game can be. I know Pac-Man is 8k.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-68181200-1535798072.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15008-quest-of-the-cranberry/