IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Bob the Blueberry

RSS Bot

So I worked and worked for hours. I finally got it so not only does the blueberry chase you around, but it does so only on a specific screen. You start on screen 1 and then move right, just like in Pitfall (although in this game you can't move left at the starting screen.) Screen 2 has the blueberry and screen 3 doesn't. Surprisingly, having the blueberry chase Craig was the easy part. What turned out to be extremely hard and basically most of my programming was moving from screen to screen.

What's next for this game?

First off, I have to make it so instead of screen 2 having the blueberry, making a screen type variable and if THAT is 1, then have the blueberry. And then making screen 2 having the screen type be 1. (As opposed to 0, which would be nothing on screen.) This is tomorrow's work because it's 3:30am and I've been sitting here sweating for hours because it is hot. Why it's hot at 3:30am is a mystery to me as well.

Then after that, I can make more screen types where different stuff shows up. But what will be a problem is a huge block of code that says stuff like if screen=1 then screentype=0, if screen=2 then screentype=1, and so on. I don't think there's a way to have the "on" function in assembly. If there's a better way, like how Mr. Crane did it in Pitfall, then please tell me.

And in case you have a Channel F emulator set up, I've made a webpage where you can download the latest file.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-21418200-1535883876.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15010-bob-the-blueberry/