IGNORED

TI-99/4A Stuff - An updated EDITOR for the TI-99/4A that works with ALL the

RSS Bot

What's more appropriate for NEW gear on older computers, than updated versions of older software?

Some older legacy programs have 'issues' when dealing with newer gear or storage formats. Some older editors like TI-Writer or BA-Writer leave 'garbage' at the end of a file which can interfere with programs like 4A/DOS when it's trying to process a batch file. Also, some older program cannots use all their functions on newer gear. This 'new'er editor program works flawlessly.

Some legacy editors have multiple time consuming selection screens or come in multiple parts that take up extra space. Some of the old editors don't even remember the filename you are working on. This newly updated editor by Fred Kaal does it all in one easy to use and compact form. I simply love this editor and I think you will too! Some times great things come in small packages!

So now, whatever your hardware, even TIPI's and F18A's, this editor.... "IS THE ONE". ;)

Editor_V30.zip (attached below) gallery_35324_1027_161.gif
This ZIP contains two versions of this program.

The first version, "EDIT80" is compatible with the F18A. This version works VERY WELL within the confines of the 4A/DOS environment, but can also be loaded and used like any other EA/5 program.

The second version, "EDIT40" is for users who still use the original 9918 composite output.

EDITOR.BIN (attached below)
Used to load the program from an FR99 or FG99.

This program is a converted version of the 'scratch loader' originally developed by Mark Wills with tweaks by Tursi and also with support and input from the old SWPB group and members Bill, Tim and Ben. It was converted into cartridge format by AtariAge user JediMatt42.

Here, in it's uploaded form it's set to load EDIT80 from DSK1. but it can easily be modified with a sector editor to suit your individual needs.

Please, download and check them out for yourself. Also, feel free to leave comments, suggestions or even click 'like' to let me know you were here. If you want a video made, please let me know that too.

Attached File(s)

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/567/entry-15013-an-updated-editor-for-the-ti-994a-that-works-with-all-the-new-technology/