IGNORED

Shooting Gallary

Atarifever

A bunch of years ago, someone (I don't remember who) sent me a copy of Klax I believe. They also sent me a bonus copy of Shooting Gallary (labeled for the 7800). I believe they said it was partially broken or something. It definitely didn't work on my old 7800 at all. Anyway, I only remembered it recently and plugged it in to my newest 7800 (old one is partially dead), and it loaded up. However, none of the items are visible in level 2. Is this a common early port of the game with parts missing? The only version available? Or an oddity specific to this copy?

Also, is there any way to fool the light gun? There are ways to fool the NES zapper, but I understand the XG-1 is more of a light pen. If I could fool it, I figure I could advance to see what other levels might be in here (they are in the attract screens).

Thanks.

Sounds like whoever built your copy of Shooting Gallery didn't include the extra RAM on the cart. Or didn't implement it correctly.

Mitch

It's a problem with the actual code itself. I assume you guys are talking about Shooting Arcade. There was an attempt to make it work on the 7800 in 2600 mode using normal SRAM instead of the SARA chip a long time ago. It didn't work as it was ment too or didn't get finished anyhow. Video 61 sold it for a time before pulling it from the shelf. Save Mary was also converted in this same manor but Save Mary works properly as it should using the SRAM instead of SARA.

It's a problem with the actual code itself. I assume you guys are talking about Shooting Arcade. There was an attempt to make it work on the 7800 in 2600 mode using normal SRAM instead of the SARA chip a long time ago. It didn't work as it was ment too or didn't get finished anyhow. Video 61 sold it for a time before pulling it from the shelf. Save Mary was also converted in this same manor but Save Mary works properly as it should using the SRAM instead of SARA.

Sorry, you're right. Wrong name.

Thanks for the information. That makes sense.