IGNORED

Always late to the party: Terminal Emulation

DrWoo

1 hour ago, Tillek said:

So are you ready for me to put Sybarite on the BBS list yet?

Yes, I am working on it, and running it at the same time.. So yes it will stay up, inbetween changes.

BTW - Can we have an ANSI / VT52  editing session on one of the Meetings??   I am trying to use PC editors like Pablo or Mobius and all it does is mess up the ANSI.  I did find a couple of other VT52 editors.. One specifically for BBS express ST (Think it could be used for any other)  A unique function that ForeSight has - is routines to convert VT52 pages to ANSI and ANSI pages to VT52 - actually very cool.. SO I can have up to 8 different menus for say main menu in ANSI.. and then 8 in VT52 - But that would allow the BBS to draw from 16 to randomly display.. very cool.

James 

Ok... thanks for the info on Sybarite.

Other than that... are you coming tomorrow?  If so, we can probably do it then.  (Were you at the one where we did the FANSI demo a few months back?)

But if you can't make it tomorrow, just give me a heads up for when you can and we can totally do it... it's an excellent topic idea.

20 hours ago, Tillek said:

Or... we can wait for the March 5th meeting (the 1st Sunday @ 3pm) and that will give us time to promote it more so hopefully we can get more people with more ideas if thats what you're looking for.

thats fine too. I plan to be there tonight.. so if it slows down I will ask what people do, I have an example that I took an existing menu and modified, now its all messed up..  I need to figure out why.  I need to know what tools to use.

Fansi I would LOVE to use, but I cannot figure out a way to EDIT a file that was made somewhere else in FANSI.. really frustrating.

James

Hmm, are you saying that you can't load .FAN (Fansi files) in FANSI?

That works fine here. I save them as .FAN files, then reload them anytime

I need to make a change. Of course, I also have to save them as .ANS (ANSI)

files for use with DarkForce!, but still, there shouldn't be a reason why it

won't load any .FAN files...

BikerBob, I'm already a user on your board as you are on mine, it's Mtnclimber from ciaamiga.org:6400.  I haven't seen the other one yet (Sybarite Organization).

I am having some trouble with the other terminal programs.  Taz drops characters after just a little bit and Freeze Dried Terminal will run sometimes and others it reports it needs 1 mb of memory.  I have 2.5mb in my STFM.

I am still on TOS 1.0 tho I believe and need to fix that.  ANSITerm is working perfectly.  I am not a fan of the interface either tho.

Still trying to figure out how to get Connect95.  Can it be purchased somewhere?  Does anyone know?

Edited by tlgrooms
Fix spelling.

14 hours ago, tlgrooms said:

BikerBob, I'm already a user on your board as you are on mine, it's Mtnclimber from ciaamiga.org:6400.  I haven't seen the other one yet (Sybarite Organization).

I am having some trouble with the other terminal programs.  Taz drops characters after just a little bit and Freeze Dried Terminal will run sometimes and others it reports it needs 1 mb of memory.  I have 2.5mb in my STFM.

I am still on TOS 1.0 tho I believe and need to fix that.  ANSITerm is working perfectly.  I am not a fan of the interface either tho.

Still trying to figure out how to get Connect95.  Can it be purchased somewhere?  Does anyone know?

Check this thread out, has 95 + 97, i prefer 97.

https://atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=417010&hilit=connect97#p417010

It will/could crash if you don't edit (hash out) the includes in the CONNECT.NUM file. Detailed in thread.

• Like 1

Hmm, I've been playing with CoNect97 and have to say it's rather

unstable on my Mega STe.

First launch after installing it resulted in a 2 bomb error back to the

desktop. Read through the msg thread, commented out the sections

in that file they recommended and it did launch.

I tried registering it with makepass.tos but I must have done something

not quite right. That annoying initial screen with the music is gone but

I get a screen full of entries from the saved bb's list? I went into "DIAL"

and deleted all of those and that finally stopped.

Now it seems to work but I'm still getting random, at different places, 2

bomb crashes back to the desktop.  ?

Anyone else having these problems? Thanks...