IGNORED

Anyone know who's making/selling custom Vectrex controllers?

landsmarra

Hi guys,

I remember seeing a big glittery maroon joystick with the Vectrex logo etched into the thing but can't remember who made it.

Anyone else building custom Vec controllers?

BTW, does anything have to be done to an Atari Driving Controller or Paddle to make it work on a Vec?

Thanks,

Steve

BTW, does anything have to be done to an Atari Driving Controller to make it work on a Vec?

Thanks,

Steve

As far as I know with my few months of Vectrex ownership, you can just plug in the Driving controller and it will work if you have the right software. I just ordered Chris Tumbler's Vectoramma which has several driving controller games on it, $20 isn't too bad. I also paid $20 for a Genesis pad from John D. Great values in the Vectrex scene!

Steve,

I think the site that had the custom Vectrex controllers was www.playvectrex.com. That site now appears down. I don't know if the controllers were ever sold or not.

John does modify the Genesis controllers to play on the Vectrex. The last I heard though was that he had taken a break from the hobby, so I don't know if he is still selling them or not.

Chris is the one who sells the cartridges that are modified to play with the driving controller. He sells them on eBay all of the time or if you contact him directly I think that he sells the games for a couple dollars cheaper. He also has made some good homebrews that are not available on Sean's multicart.

I don't know if you just decided to collect for the Vectrex or not, but you might want to get your hands on the new homebrew Protector for the Vectrex. It is an excellent conversion of Defender. The game is now sold out, but someone might decide to sell their copy.

Archived