IGNORED

Battlesphere on EBAY

walter_J64bit

Hey thunder can u clarify the whole serial number crap he has on there? Is he just yanking us or what?

Actually, the seller is correct in that there are classic BattleSphere on the market which are much more rare than others. The flaw in his statement is that he says he has got the rare one, since the version pictured is the common version.

The rare one is the "785283-264357" version.

Hey thunder can u clarify the whole serial number crap he has on there? Is he just yanking us or what?

Actually, the seller is correct in that there are classic BattleSphere on the market which are much more rare than others. The flaw in his statement is that he says he has got the rare one, since the version pictured is the common version.

Woohoo, I got the rare version. T-bird, you ever going to let us know how many are out there? Would be interesting to know....

Woohoo, I got the rare version. T-bird, you ever going to let us know how many are out there? Would be interesting to know....

Nope.

Now you need to UN-rare version.

Nope.

You bastard you! :D

Damn, one more thing to buy......

Nope.

Your kidding yourself t-bird, theres no such thing as an "un-rare" version of Battlesphere

Nope.

You bastard you! :D

Damn, one more thing to buy......

Dont you also need a "Tyrant" Rotary Controler 8) as people have called them?

I do I do! When are you going to sell me one Nick? Heck, they go for such big $$$ on e-bay, I'm just waiting for the price to come down.... heh! :)

Jason

Hehe, well.... Im off to JagFest UK tomorow, taking lots of them to sell there, any that dont sell will be going on eBay when I get back, and as soon as I get more parts (might take a few weeks, they were out of stock last time I checked), I'll make up some more to put up. I know I've been kinda slow, but there will be more availible fairly soon I promise.

I don't have a Battlesphere yet, I hope there will be another batch made, the multiplay (Battlesphere) mode is great.

What is a Tyrant controller and what does it look like and how much more does it enhance the Battlepshere experience?

I don't have a Battlesphere yet, I hope there will be another batch made, the multiplay (Battlesphere) mode is great.

What is a Tyrant controller and what does it look like and how much more does it enhance the Battlepshere experience?

Its not a "Tyrant Controler" hehe, thats just what someone (I think originally stone) called it to distinguish it from ones made by JediJeff, or other people. I make Rotary Controlers... basically you take a normal jag controler, take out the D-Pad, put in a knob, and then you get a much more precise way to control Tempest 2000.

It only works on T2k, not battlesphere, not anything else, and it looks a little something like this :).

post-605-1055437243_thumb.jpg

Is this game really the best game on the Jag? How so, how much better is it than Tempest or AVP to you guys?

Untill star allience comes. i think it will be the best game. but i tihnk Star Allience will be better :)

Is this game really the best game on the Jag? How so, how much better is it than Tempest or AVP to you guys?

I don't think it is better then either of those games. You can get both those games for far less then battlesphere and they are really good. Maybe I haven't played battlesphere enough or its just not my type of game. But its hard to justify the cost. Unless you had more then one copy and was playing against other people.

I do not know why you say the cost is un justified. Considering that BSG when avaliable sold for 159.99 , so of it went for 250, the seller is really only making 90 bux off the a game that is no longer in print and is in very limited release. I bought a copy of battlesphere and didnt think twice about buying it. I think it was a very worth while buy , even though I havent had the time to sit down and play it. I am kicking myself for not bidding 10 bux more on that sealed copy of BSG the recently sold on ebay. My rational is that IF AND I DO MEAN IF ( not a hope in hell ) ever decide to sell it, I think I would easily get back what I paid for it, so in the end I had the pleasure to play one of the better jag games for free basically. But now I have 1 I want 2 just to check out the network feature on it.

I do not know why you say the cost is un justified. Considering that BSG when avaliable sold for 159.99 , so of it went for 250, the seller is really only making 90 bux off the a game that is no longer in print and is in very limited release. I bought a copy of battlesphere and didnt think twice about buying it. I think it was a very worth while buy , even though I havent had the time to sit down and play it.

Well, see, I would love to play BattleSphere, but I'm really not in a financial situation where I can pay $250 for a single game, no matter how much fun it is alleged to be. It's too much for me.

And saying "the seller is only making $90" like that's generous... I mean, that's like ticket scalping to me - what value are they adding to the product that they should be pocketing that money? I don't begrudge them getting what the market is willing to bear, but rarity isn't something I'm willing to pay much extra for.

I think it was a very worth while buy , even though I havent  had the time to sit down and play it.

Well sit and play it. I played it for about 30 min and got tired of it. I don't think it lives up to the hype. I got a good deal on mine and will most likely make money off of it, in the event I would have to sell it. But I think over all it won't get as much play as other games I have for the system.

Well sit and play it.  I played it for about 30 min and got tired of it.  I don't think it lives up to the hype.  I got a good deal on mine and will most likely make money off of it, in the event I would have to sell it.  But I think over all it won't get as much play as other games I have for the system.

Everyone keep in mind that this "review" comes from a guy who loves Volvos.

Different people have different tastes.

Archived