IGNORED

I need help, please?

Tyrant

I really need a favor from someone living in the USA... I want to buy something, but they'll only ship to America, I doubt I'll change their minds but its a very good deal and I dont want to miss it, so could someone living in the US please let me have it sent there, and then forward it on? Obviously I'll refund all postage costs and give you a little something extra for your trouble :).

Thanks.

If you have not asked them yet you should! i live in Canada and i know it is a pain in the @$$ when they won't ship outside the us. what i do is email them and ask them if they would ship to me, then if they will ask how much would shipping be? they normaly say yes! well i deal on e-bay for every thing (almost)! i don't know where you are dealing from but if you ask you have a good chance at them willing to ship for you! so i hopr this helps :)

I'm kind of in the same situation except I'm the seller! :|

I stated US shipping only, yet some Canadian was the high bidder. :x However, I'm willing to work something out with the buyer because I want to get rid of this stuff.

I'm surprised everyone talks about shipping, but no one talks about the currency exchange. I don't have a Paypal account, so I only accept checks and money orders.

Can Canadians make some type of money order out in US funds? Can these be easily forged?

I think my bank charges me if I deposit a check or money order in non-US$ currencies, so I'd like to avoid this. :x

Should I just save the trouble and give it to the second highest bidder? (and risk ruining my perfect feedback record...)

Decisions, decisions.... :sad:

I stated US shipping only, yet some Canadian was the high bidder.   :x However, I'm willing to work something out with the buyer because I want to get rid of this stuff.  

I'm surprised everyone talks about shipping, but no one talks about the currency exchange.  I don't have a Paypal account, so I only accept checks and money orders.  

Can Canadians make some type of money order out in US funds?  Can these be easily forged?

I think my bank charges me if I deposit a check or money order in non-US$ currencies, so I'd like to avoid this. :x  

Should I just save the trouble and give it to the second highest bidder?  (and risk ruining my perfect feedback record...)

Decisions, decisions....  :sad:

When I was a regular seller on e-bay I sold TONS of items to Canadians and never had a problem. I did have one package take quite a while to get there, but other than that it was all good. They can send you a money order in US funds.

Jason

I stated US shipping only, yet some Canadian was the high bidder.   :x However, I'm willing to work something out with the buyer because I want to get rid of this stuff.  

I'm surprised everyone talks about shipping, but no one talks about the currency exchange.  I don't have a Paypal account, so I only accept checks and money orders.  

Can Canadians make some type of money order out in US funds?  Can these be easily forged?

Should I just save the trouble and give it to the second highest bidder?  (and risk ruining my perfect feedback record...)

Since your buyer didn't give you the courtesy of asking if you'd ship to Canada before bidding, I'd suggest that you ask for the following:

1. The buyer should be able to send you a US money order very quickly using BidPay. The service fees are a little high, but it's still cheaper than going to a Canadian bank.

2. You can ask for a regular old USD money order (the buyer can even get these at the post office), and ask the buyer to send it to you via Express Post. This is a little pricey, but worth the hassle.

Can you cancel his bid now the auction is over???

There must be a method on ebay to solve this situation without affecting anyone's feedback.

If the auction has ended - you could offer it as a 'second chance' to the 2nd highest bidder (assuming they're US).

It's not an issue to ship to Canada - maybe 10-15% higher on the rate.

I think some people are just too lazy to fill out the required Customs form.

I suggest an International MO through Western Union.

I've sold to a few people in Europe and things always went smooth.

It's not an issue to ship to Canada - maybe 10-15% higher on the rate.

Not to sure about that; I just shipped a 5lb package to davidcalgary29 and it cost $17.85. That was Air and was only $1.50 more than surface; 4 to 6 days versus 2 to 4 weeks.

Guy at the post office told me there were two forms for shipping to Canada: one for under 4lbs and one for 4lbs and over. When I remarked how expensive it was versus shipping within the U.S. he just said that once you get over 4lbs the rate climbs incredibly fast and high to Canada.

My first time shipping a package to Canada and it sure seemed expensive compared to what it would cost me to ship the same package to Calif.

Mendon

Well I ship alot to canada as I am alwasy sending stuff back to my mates, and yes over starts getting costly. But there is hope, if you are not aware there is a service being offered by usps. It is called Global direct canada http://www.usps.com/global/globaldirectcanada.htm

Supposedly it is supposed to be faster and cheaper. I did inquire about it at my local post office, but they didnt hear nothing about it.Kinda funny considering they are usps.

Archived