IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

Finally got my cabinet, and it is mostly great. I have two issues though, one minor, one major.

When I got the unit, all of the t-moulding was falling off. I tried various glues and I'm having trouble getting it to stay down. It also made a huge mess and now there are glue spots on the cabinet. I'm going to keep trying to glue it down, and I heard acetone should get the glue spots out, so this isn't that big of a deal.

My big issue is that my trackball only goes left and right consistently. If I roll the ball harder, I can get it to go up and down. I was told to just let it wear in some, but since I got the cabinet on Wednesday, it has only gotten worse. I sent an email to support last night, but with the quarantine, I'm probably stuck with a non functional trackball for some time.

I reached out to the Facebook group and some people said loosening the screws around the trackball might solve the problem. I hate having to disconnect the motherboard to get to it. I also saw that one of the members makes 3D printed trackball supports. He was super nice and I bought some from him. It does kind of suck that this seems to be a very common issue. I'm going to wait for the trackball supports to come in before I open it up.  I would think the trackball would be stress tested better before release.

But, when it is fully working, and has the t-moulding intact, it is a wonderful cabinet and a great value. I pwn 6 arcade1ups and a massive old Quasicade arcade. The atgames Legends definitely holds its own for value and versatility.

Edited by Noah98

4 hours ago, Noah98 said:

My big issue is that my trackball only goes left and right consistently. If I roll the ball harder, I can get it to go up and down. I was told to just let it wear in some, but since I got the cabinet on Wednesday, it has only gotten worse. I sent an email to support last night, but with the quarantine, I'm probably stuck with a non functional trackball for some time.

For the trackball, it's just one adjustment screw. You can't miss it, it's in a well. The screw is sometimes set too tight at the factory, but once you make the adjustment it's arcade perfect. It's easy to take the control panel off, it's just that with the newer plastic-housed control panels (there used to be just a single bottom panel to remove), there are a lot of screws. You should have access to the adjustment screw without having to remove anything other than the control panel housing.

I never had issues with my trackball needing supports. Some people have had issues with cracking the plastic on the housing, especially when going rough on games like Golden Tee. The 3D-printed supports do help for rougher play and future revisions will have a stronger housing, but again, it's not something that's strictly required for most people.

I don't know what I'm missing here, so I'll probably feel dumb when I hear an answer.

For two-player games like Centipede, you can hit 1P Start and it will give you one credit.  I see nothing happens when I press 2P Start.  Holding the joystick down + 1P Start adds more credits.  When I try to add a second credit before starting, it starts as a one-player game.

How can I start it off with two players (i.e. how add two credits pre-game)?

2 hours ago, slab0meat said:

I don't know what I'm missing here, so I'll probably feel dumb when I hear an answer.

For two-player games like Centipede, you can hit 1P Start and it will give you one credit.  I see nothing happens when I press 2P Start.  Holding the joystick down + 1P Start adds more credits.  When I try to add a second credit before starting, it starts as a one-player game.

How can I start it off with two players (i.e. how add two credits pre-game)?

Press P1 to insert coin. Press P2 to insert the second coin. Press P2 to start a two player game.

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Press P1 to insert coin. Press P2 to insert the second coin. Press P2 to start a two player game.

I swear I was doing this over the weekend.  A lot.  My son too.   But I will try again and hope for a better result.

Thanks as always for helping out.

19 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Interesting.  I only tried it on two games this morning.   Centipede takes multiple presses of P1 to even register the first credit.  It then DID register the second with P2, but that took about four tries.

I tried it with an add-on game (Phoenix), but it did not work.

28 minutes ago, slab0meat said:

Interesting.  I only tried it on two games this morning.   Centipede takes multiple presses of P1 to even register the first credit.  It then DID register the second with P2, but that took about four tries.

I tried it with an add-on game (Phoenix), but it did not work.

The P1 and P2 buttons do double duty as insert coin and START buttons for games. You can also press MENU and use the Insert Coin function on the menu.

You can also remap buttons using Advanced settings, so if for some reason your UCE of Phoenix is not right, you can remap the buttons.

If you suspect there's a deeper issue, you can contact support@atgames.net or ask people on the Facebook fan page. The latter is a great way to get your questions answered and I highly recommend becoming a part of it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/457437778352096/

There's also a tutorial page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/461109044569274/

You can also reset your user data if you suspect that may be corrupted, or do a factory reset and then update again. There should be no scenario where you should be having issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the Ultimate finally.  I put it together today and :(  not so good.

It did not boot.  It just had a green @tGames logo then blank then logo  cycling.

I then turn it off waited an turn it back on.   Same thing.

Then I turn it off pressed the reset for 10 and while holding reset, turned it back on.

I get No Signal found screen.  Change the input and waited, same message and again.  All 3.. No Signal

I then plugged in the Blast.  It worked, changed hdmi input.. No Signal as expected, Moved the blast to the next hdmi and it works.

So, the 2 external hdmi ports work.  And I now know the blue light is the system hdmi input.

No matter what I try, it will not boot. 

Anyone else have this issue?  Or have any idea what to try next?  I am going to google of course.  I just hope the info isn't on FaceCROOK

Tried this also:

1. Power off the arcade.
  2. Press and hold the recovery button with a pin.
  3. Power on, then press and hold the P1 START + MENU buttons while you continue to hold the recovery button.
  4. Once you see the factory reset prompt, release all buttons.
  5.  Follow the on-screen instructions.

But no luck...

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Tried this also:

1. Power off the arcade.
  2. Press and hold the recovery button with a pin.
  3. Power on, then press and hold the P1 START + MENU buttons while you continue to hold the recovery button.
  4. Once you see the factory reset prompt, release all buttons.
  5.  Follow the on-screen instructions.

But no luck...

Some wires might have gotten knocked loose during shipping. Contact support@atgames.net and they'll take care of you either way.

So, AtGames support had me open the control deck to check internal connections.

Sure enough, one cable was a little loose.  I don't think it was a shipping problem.  I think the zip ties may have caused it.  Very tight wiring.

Anyway, turned it on and Bingo!  It works.

Had to go to work, so only tried it for a minute.  I hope one of the settings is for de-interlacing.  I tried Lunar Lander and the vector graphics were horrible.

Tried another game and it looked fine.   But haven't yet tried Gravitar or any other vector games yet.  I will later.  But like I said, haven't checked any setting options yet.

1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

So, AtGames support had me open the control deck to check internal connections.

Sure enough, one cable was a little loose.  I don't think it was a shipping problem.  I think the zip ties may have caused it.  Very tight wiring.

Anyway, turned it on and Bingo!  It works.

Had to go to work, so only tried it for a minute.  I hope one of the settings is for de-interlacing.  I tried Lunar Lander and the vector graphics were horrible.

Tried another game and it looked fine.   But haven't yet tried Gravitar or any other vector games yet.  I will later.  But like I said, haven't checked any setting options yet.

Make sure you update to the latest firmware by going to Settings and selecting the version block (there's a new firmware every Wednesday; make sure your cabinet is online, etc., first, obviously). It defaults the vector games to sharper display settings over the factory firmware. Barring that, you can manually adjust the settings by pressing menu and choosing the display option you think looks best (pixel perfect, centered, fit screen, etc.).

• Like 1

Thanks Bill.

I am connected, but when I select to update, it says I am not connected.

When I am done working for the day, I can check those settings again.

I believe I read it can be updated via usb also.  But I would need to look for those steps.

Great to hear of the display options!

So when I got home and turn on the Ultimate...  It connected, let me know an update was available.  Updated with no problem.

Yes, the display was much better after the update!

I tried a few options, but the default was already MUCH better.

Past the initial hiccups,  I am very pleased thus far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got an interesting note from AtGames -- I don't have the Legends Ultimate due to space considerations, but I did reserve the Legends Gamer, which is a $200 version that doesn't include case and monitor, but instead has a HDMI dongle and wireless control box.  More info at https://www.atgames.us/collections/productline/products/legends-gamer-standard-edition-reserve-now

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your reservation towards a Legends Gamer. We have great news! The Legends Gamer will be shipping out to everyone on our reservation list by the first week in August. We will send out an email towards the end of July for all reservation holders to complete payment. Even better news, for everyone who placed a reservation for the Gamer, you'll automatically be upgraded to the Gamer Pro at no extra cost! 

The Gamer Pro has the same great features as the Gamer, but adds a built-in arcade-quality trackball! That's an additional $50 value. It's our way of saying thank you for your patience and continued support. And, as an even bigger way of saying thanks for your early support of the Gamer, we'll be providing 10 free hours of BYOG time, as well as a coupon code for 70% off Pinball Arcade by FarSight Studios on Steam via Direct2Drive (D2D). 

Happy gaming!

It's now available to everyone else who gets on the reservation list prior to June 30 (sans the 10 free hours of BYOG and 70% off Pinball Arcade content):

Legends Gamer automatically upgraded to Legends Gamer Pro, but only if you reserve by June 30!

Gamer-Pro.png

As you already know, the value-packed AtGames Legends Gamer combines the Legends Gamer Tabletop Arcade and InstantPlay HDMI Streaming Box. The Legends Gamer Tabletop Arcade is a wireless, multiplayer arcade control panel that works with the included InstantPlay HDMI Streaming Box. The InstantPlay HDMI Streaming Box plugs and plays on any TV for true big screen gaming and features 150 built-in licensed arcade and console games, as well as impressive streaming and connectivity capabilities.

What you might not know is that AtGames has just unveiled a special offer where if you reserve a Legends Gamer by June 30 by going here, you’ll be upgraded to the Legends Gamer Pro, which includes the same great features as the Gamer, but adds a built-in arcade-quality trackball. That’s an additional $50 value at no extra cost.

Legends-Gamer-vertical-play.png?ssl=1

The Legends Gamer Tabletop Arcade Pro is a wireless control panel that features a trackball, two sets of arcade-quality joysticks, and eight action buttons for a premium gaming experience. Two sets of flipper and action buttons allow for authentic virtual pinball play, making this control panel even more versatile. You can take easy command over all in-game and other functions like Player 1 Start, Player 2 Start, Home, Save, Load, and Rewind through dedicated buttons. And thanks to its Bluetooth and USB connectivity, the Legends Gamer Tabletop Arcade Pro works as a controller for a variety of other devices, including PCs, streaming dongles, and consoles.

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

It's now available to everyone else who gets on the reservation list prior to June 30 (sans the 10 free hours of BYOG and 70% off Pinball Arcade content):

Legends Gamer automatically upgraded to Legends Gamer Pro, but only if you reserve by June 30!

Gamer-Pro.png

As you already know, the value-packed AtGames Legends Gamer combines the Legends Gamer Tabletop Arcade and InstantPlay HDMI Streaming Box. The Legends Gamer Tabletop Arcade is a wireless, multiplayer arcade control panel that works with the included InstantPlay HDMI Streaming Box. The InstantPlay HDMI Streaming Box plugs and plays on any TV for true big screen gaming and features 150 built-in licensed arcade and console games, as well as impressive streaming and connectivity capabilities.

What you might not know is that AtGames has just unveiled a special offer where if you reserve a Legends Gamer by June 30 by going here, you’ll be upgraded to the Legends Gamer Pro, which includes the same great features as the Gamer, but adds a built-in arcade-quality trackball. That’s an additional $50 value at no extra cost.

Legends-Gamer-vertical-play.png?ssl=1

The Legends Gamer Tabletop Arcade Pro is a wireless control panel that features a trackball, two sets of arcade-quality joysticks, and eight action buttons for a premium gaming experience. Two sets of flipper and action buttons allow for authentic virtual pinball play, making this control panel even more versatile. You can take easy command over all in-game and other functions like Player 1 Start, Player 2 Start, Home, Save, Load, and Rewind through dedicated buttons. And thanks to its Bluetooth and USB connectivity, the Legends Gamer Tabletop Arcade Pro works as a controller for a variety of other devices, including PCs, streaming dongles, and consoles.

Bill that actually looks pretty good as does the price - question for you will there be any type of warehouse club release like with Sam's where the tabletop will have more games, features etc.?