IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Frank on Pokemon Mini again

RSS Bot

I've decided to return to working on Frank the Fruit Fly for the Pokemon Mini. No reason, really this time, besides looking for something to do. I read somewhere that once the ROM size reaches 64k I have to do something different to it. Right now, the ROM is only 17k, but I want to make this be a full-fledged adventure game like SMB or something with hidden stuff and solving puzzles and stuff. All the released Pokemon Mini games are 4MB, so that's what I want to do unless I can't figure out how to make it be that big.

I added a banana to the game. Frank can now eat it. Each bite gains 2 health points. But he can only eat 4 bites' worth. This is after the spider web screen. Each screen I put in if it's graphically different only makes the game 1KB bigger, so that's good. I can put in a whole bunch of different screen types and changes I guess.

I have decided to stop the Pokemon Party Mini 2 game I have been working on since I don't want a C&D order from Nintendo. I don't think they care if people program games for the Pokemon Mini, they would care if I used the Pokemon characters in it, which was what I was doing. So I've decided to go with something completely original for it. And I am making a Player's Guide for the game as well. I figure it'd be better that I do it since I know everything about it since I'm the one programming it. I can't wait for that Pokemon Mini flash drive to be finished. It keeps getting problems with it, but at least they attempted a cartridge for it now.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15159-frank-on-pokemon-mini-again/