IGNORED

ATARI 8BIT - PM Question

ndary

Its been a while since i played with the ATARI XL player missile.. and i cant remeber how to make a player Not to be translucent!.

I created a player but when i move it over GR.0 screen i can still see the GR.0 charecters. (although they are not colored with the tint from the player)

does any one remember how to make player 1 sold?

nir

Thanks for the tip..

but i already set gprior ($26f) and its still transparrant!?

but i did some tests.. and if the backround graphics is gr mode E. then it works!.. the player is solid and not transparranet.. but when i am in Grpahics mode 0 or gr.8 no matter what i do the you can see what is behind the player!?!?!?

• 2 months later...

The problem with graphics 0 is that PM has NO priority over setcolor 1 (text), although this only applies for the Luminance of the text.

This is because the GTIA handles the 2 types of graphicslines in a different way (Hires gr. 0/8 versus the other modes).

The Prior settings apply to multicolored graphics.

On the other hand you can take advantage of this. You can make pictures in Hires with PMs as extra colorplanes. Look at the picture of 'the fort' from Raster/CPU on the Atari 8bit section (topic: "better graphics" page 4 or 5).

-----

mux

Archived