IGNORED

Seeking Advice and Referrals for Tandy/RS CCR Repairs

DocFlareon

I have two RS tape recorders, a CCR-81, and a CCR-82. Both of them have problems. The 81 has a broken Eject mechanism, while the 82 has dodgy belts and/or slipping gears. I would like to have them repaired, but I don't quite have the chops to do the work myself. Can anyone refer me to someone skilled in tape machine repairs in the greater Seattle/Tacoma area?

If you're desperate to find an exact replacement belt for your CCR-82, this place lists it.

http://www.smcelectronics.com/vcrbltsq.htm

Poor website design. Use the FIND function in your browser to locate the ccr-82.

I could use a new belt for my CTR-80A but their shipping charges are ridiculous and you don't find out until you're at the very end of the check out process. A single belt at $6.50 comes out to over $11 after shipping.

Plan B is a variety pack of belts off eBay from China. You can get 60 belts for 99¢ shipped.

If you can work a screwdriver, you can replace a belt in most tape decks. My 80A is very easy. Never had my 82 apart but I doubt it's difficult from looking at google images.