IGNORED

2playerlives Minikernel

Karl G

Since the Minikernel Developer's Guide has been completed, I now have a completed 2playerlives minikernel to share. This will display between 0 to 3 live icons for each player in the shape and color of the current player graphics for each player. This has only been tested with the standard kernel so far.

The variables p0lives and p1lives hold the number of lives for each player (between 0 and 3). These have already been defined for you, and don't require any extra variables.

A constant "lives_max_height" may optionally be set to limit the maximum height for the lives icons, e.g.:

const lives_max_height=8

Here is the minikernel, and simple demo game that makes use of it.

post-48311-0-45499100-1541250657_thumb.png

cannons.bas

2playerlives 0.1:

2playerlives.asm

• Like 7

The 6lives minikernel bundled with bB should cover any one player scenarios. In theory this minikernel could be used for one player by setting the other lives variable to zero, but I don't really see an advantage to that over using the 6lives minikernel. I don't know what you mean by "32" here.

I don't know how to make my minikernel compatible with the DPC+ kernel due to the player data being stored differently. I'm thinking that getting the 6lives minikernel working would be easier depending on what you are trying to do. I'll help if I can.