IGNORED

Your TI Christmas Presents

Omega-TI

My wife is doing wonders in getting me TI & retro stuff for my birthday and xmas. I am always amazed.

In terms of getting a gift for yourself, I had luck finding a boxed TI Compact Program Recorder CPR-001 which originated from an TI employee. It was the smaller recorder who never appeared for sale as far as I know and was meant for the never released CC-40+.
It will not be here before christmas but that doesn't matter.

• Like 7

My wife is doing wonders in getting me TI & retro stuff for my birthday and xmas. I am always amazed.

In terms of getting a gift for yourself, I had luck finding a boxed TI Compact Program Recorder CPR-001 which originated from an TI employee. It was the smaller recorder who never appeared for sale as far as I know and was meant for the never released CC-40+.

Yeah, I've not heard of that one. What color is it? I'd expect it to be the sort of grey/beige of the hexbus peripherals if it was meant with the CC40+. Can you post a photo?

have you seen this interesting thread too ?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/282986-cpr-001-cassette-drive/

• Like 1

i'm not looking to procure any TI stuff for this Christmas. Oddities I am hoping for next year are a reasonably good-looking TI Coupler Modem, a reasonably complete MBX set, and a P-Code card.

I won't be able to help you with any of those, but I'm seriously considering 'thinning out' some of my TI stuff along with a few other things next year.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've not heard of that one. What color is it? I'd expect it to be the sort of grey/beige of the hexbus peripherals if it was meant with the CC40+. Can you post a photo?

For now, you can see the photos on the ebay auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1984-Texas-Instruments-Compact-Program-Recorder-CPR-001-for-CC-40-Plus/392175399085

And you can read the manual and see some photos on

http://www.ti99db.org/Hardware_view.php?SelectedID=68

• Like 3

I'm receiving a TI-99/4 monitor (the one from a Ft Worth seller) and a 32k sidecar. This completes my 99/4 display (had disk controller, external drive) for showing around Texas. (Actually I lack an RS232.) Photos when I get it set up in my garage.

Future idea is to build a replica store demo cabinet for the 99/4, with cartridges on wires.

• Like 2

I'm receiving a TI-99/4 monitor (the one from a Ft Worth seller) and a 32k sidecar. This completes my 99/4 display (had disk controller, external drive) for showing around Texas. (Actually I lack an RS232.) Photos when I get it set up in my garage.

Future idea is to build a replica store demo cabinet for the 99/4, with cartridges on wires.

I have a non-working sidecar rs232 if you are interested in fixing it. seems to be at least the power supply