IGNORED

Doable?

Opry99er

Didn't the guy in the video above get it to work?

Sort of. And at a very low baud rate. If you want it to work well you need to support the codecs for higher reliability and baud rates. Viop has similar issues unless you specifically go out of your way to provide the codecs and frequency range you will just have problems.

For instance I have to have a specific viop line type on my phone system at home that goes over FiOS. The newer cheaper one doesn't support data transfers at any baud rate above 1200 and 1200 isn't reliable at all. Cell phone carriers are not interested in providing the bandwidth required for the modems to work. When they already provide you with internet bandwidth. The best thing to do is use your cellphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot and use a Wi-Fi modem on your ti.

But by all means, knock yourself out. It may work enough to be able to read the data in-between the line noise and the disconnections can always be redialed :)

Greg

Well, yeah, a low baud rate. You should be able to get FSK to work. I can encode a 300 baud file in low quality amr and get it to read back. I have never tried 1200 bps which is QDPSK. Without actual tests, I would be surprised if PSK worked over a certain baud rate.

I also forgot about QAM. Still worth trying out, I think. Heck, I have two acoustic couplers which I will be trying over cup-and-string when I can get a good setup.

• Like 1