IGNORED

What's a good Android TV box to get?

S1500

I keep seeing these pop up in the wild. There's a TON of them out there. For a decent price, what should I get off of Amazon?

I would be using it primarily as yet another emulation box, but also just to screw around with. I don't need to do Netflix or Amazon prime, as I have the TV & my Xbox to do that. Heck, I already have a RPi for emulation, but wouldn't mind messing around with another hardware platform.

Is the storage expandable? Can I hook up a Bluetooth game controller to it? These are the burning questions.

The prices seem reasonable. Looks like what the Ouya wanted to be.

It may be a little bit on the older side, but sadly it's still one of the total best given they have that control over the Tegra tapping market there with nvidia. They have their whole section on a store front for various games made that only work on the shield because of the Tegra and being specially done up for it. The games kind of approach PS3 level quality which is pretty impressive, they more so would if the nvidia tool set(along with android now too) weren't so bloated eating up a lot of memory.

I keep my tablet around but I haven't used it in so long. If they'd stop the stupid and take the work they did for the Chinese and bring it this way, Wii and Gamecube games have been redone for it.

• Like 1