IGNORED

screen protectors- recommendations/are they necessary?

digdugnate

it's everyone's favorite pain, now he has a Nintendo Switch. ;)

When I bought my Switch, I made sure to buy a case for it (it's the cool-looking LoZ one); the only time that the Switch is out of the case or its docking station is when I am playing it as a portable game in bed or on the couch when Mrs. Digdug is using the TV. My wife and I will be the only ones ostensibly using it as a portable device- my daughter will be playing on the TV on the occasion she uses it.

What are everyone's thoughts on screen protectors for the Switch? Is this something I should legitimately worry about with my console if I'm reasonably careful? If it's a 'must-have', what are some recommendations for really good-fitting/nice-looking screen covers?

I had one that came with a carrying case ...it's like taking a shower with a raincoat on, so I removed it. I hate screen protectors. You're neither a child nor a klutz, and the Switch is reasonably sturdy.

I vote for "naked," like I always do. Maybe get a nice carry case for it if you really feel the need to accessorize or have a holiday gift.

• Like 1

My Zelda themed art decals came with a screen protector. I attempted to clean the screen before I applied it, but dust specks got trapped underneath it nonetheless. Honestly I keep it either in the dock or in the Zelda Sheika Slate carrying case when I'm not using it. And the carry case holds 12 Switch cards plus I got a [?] block and a POW block that hold 12 more cards each, and fit comfortably inside the side pocket. That will hold me for a while, not to mention the downloadable storage on my 200Gb SD card (I'm barely using 10% of it's capacity).

While screen protectors are good for preventing light scratches, they are useless for protection from blunt force trauma. I am a responsible adult (no kids, though technically I am just a really big 37-year-old kid... 8) ) and having a protector with dust specks bubbles underneath would annoy me to no end. My advice: just forgo the protector and take care of your stuffs. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

People are reasonably careful with their stuff, but I hear using the dock will scratch it. I would assume the screen was glass, but idk.

If glass I'd skip the screen protector though, the screen is already more durable than the protector anyways, if plastic, yeah, get one.

• Like 1

I have a Zelda case like that, art I think may be the same but it's in a blue matching his tunic in the game. It was a gift a year ago and I've really never had a use for it as I'm a bit too paranoid to leave the house with the thing. That gift came with protectors, I never could get them on there clean so it had bubbles so I removed the crappy thing. When it was on there, you lose sensitivity and you gain a haze or darkness a bit to your panel as the light gets filtered out a little so even if it were on I would have removed it anyway because of that.

I rarely use the thing on the TV so it's always in/out of the dock for general use and I've yet to put a dent in that panel.

• Like 1