IGNORED

UA Limited Protos Released!

Albert

I appreciate your answer and I will admit that I am an Arcadia collector (theres what less than 10 of us?)

I guess I'm one of those crazy 10 people (I was the guy who brought the original Funky Fish cart to Ward for dumping). I have to admit though, I never really cared for the Arcadia artwork. Those half finished looking sketches are interesting and all, but not my favorite. Some worked better than others, I guess it depends on the game.

However I do like the artwork for these new games (although Funky Fish still looks stupid, but that's how the arcadia version looked as well). I especially like Cat Trax (maybe its just the expression on the cat).

Tempest

yea im one of those weirdos too. still trying to find an original of the european pleadies title. But at least I have Ward Shrake's magnificent multi-cart till then.

http://www.thelogbook.com/phosphor/arcadia...talog/page7.htm

page 7 has the vintage pleadies artwork on it.

I too was surprised that the vintage artwork was not used. Though I certainely enjoy the look of the new artwork on it's own, I agree that it does not have the same feel as the vintage arcadia art.

As a non-Arcadia collector, this was the first I've seen of the "original artwork." Damn, but that's ugly! Gotta say, I like the look of what AA has put together rather than that rainbow-hued-logo and badly drawn picture surrounded in <shudder> yellow. It just doesn't appeal to my finest "aesthetics." :D

I must be the only Arcadia collector that really *likes* the art style of the labels and packaging. Maybe it's the lo-fi charm, or maybe the very uniform design. I don't know, but I think that those rainbow end labels look great all stacked up together on the shelf. And there's nothing wrong with that ;)

I do think that this new art on the 2600 titles looks fantastic though. A little creative liberty never hurt anyone.

Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but how the heck do you pronounce PLEIADES?  Is it Plee-aids, Ply-aids, Plee-ads, or what?  :ponder:  

AM

Basically, ever since the 80's when the damn game came out in the arcades NO ONE has agreed on how to pronounce it (let alone spell it!) :lol:

Personally.. I say PLEE-uh-deez. But you can forget about what's the 'official' way. If 20 years later no one knows.. then no one's ever gonna know :P

The Results so far:

3 votes for "PLEE-AH-DEEZ" (Godzilla, NE146, MMF)

2 vote for "PLAY-UH-DEES" (slapdash, Albert)

Well.. now that you put it that way I think I say "uh" in the middle syllable :P (you figure 'plee-uh-dees' and 'plee-ah-dees' sound pretty much the same when spoken fast).

I definitely don't like 'play-uh-dees' though :D

well thats a spelling error. so I pronounce it as if it were spelled correctly. :-)

So who's to say that's not the name of the game and it's the Marquee that's mispelled? :D For the record, the game is listed in a couple of 80's videogame books that I have as "PLEIADS. It's also listed that way in KLOV which also says:

Trivia

The Centuri marquee incorrectly spells the game as "Pleiades" but the software ROMs and main screen spell the game as "Pleiads."

But like I said earlier.. it's the age old question. What is the real name of the game? I don't think anyone will ever know. :P

Archived