IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Fast Food for GB

RSS Bot

This is for all the people who have wanted to play Fast Food while going to the bathroom after eating fast food but didn't have a TV in the bathroom. I am busy making Fast Food for the Game Boy. I had 8x8 sprites but they were so tiny on a real Game Boy it was hard to see what they were, so I bumped up the size to 8x16 and they look better. I have been at work on the title screen.

I wanted to have 7 food choices (and the evil pickle) to be chose at random by the computer, but somehow ended up with 8. I kept wondering why. Was my math off? Turns out it was. :dunce: So I got rid of the meatball and now I have the "correct" number. A nice round (in computer terms) number of 8. Tomorrow I'll begin work on the actual game. I am thinking that since the mouth is floating around that the game should be set on a distant planet where floating mouths are the norm. So I'll make a moon-like background, only the outer space part will be white since there is a black pickle in the game. I was wondering where the game Fast Food takes place since the manual doesn't say.

Somehow the game so far is about the same number of lines as MidSpace, yet I have a whole bunch of room left. Which is good, but perplexing. I still have 7 copies left of MidSpace. You can get it for $10 + $4 S&H. Just PM me.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-44482100-1546477147.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15394-fast-food-for-gb/