IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Moon mouth

RSS Bot

So I decided to have the mouth floating around on a different planet. After designing my own moon world, I decided it looked really crappy, so I stole an image from the moon on the internet and Game Boy-ified it. Went to sleep at 11am and woke up at 11pm. I went to work on the game again. I successfully got a second food item to appear. But I don't know about a third. Well, I know how to do a third, and a fourth, etc. But the randomness of the y position would be a big problem.

Right now I've just been using two different random number generating things for each food. I guess I could alter the code a little bit for a third and fourth food, but I don't know whether it would be random enough or not. I guess the only way to find out is by trying, which I will do tomorrow or sometime because I'm kind of sick of programming. It's not that I did that much, it's just I get tired of it. But then I get all antsy about whether or not my ideas would work and so I go back. And get all angry if they don't work.

But looking through the code, the problem this time around is that I don't know how to alter the code enough to get a different random number than the two I have now. I'm doing all this in C. It's the only programming language I know how to use to make Game Boy games, and the Game Boy programming forum I frequent seems to be dead as a door nail now so I can't learn how to make bigger games than 32k. With nobody there to answer my questions that I have. I guess I could try, but I'm not all that hopeful anyone would respond. And besides, this project doesn't really need to be larger than 32k (at least not now), so there's that.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-78650900-1546593901.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15399-moon-mouth/