IGNORED

5200 2 port / 4 port RF question

Charlie_

Im looking for a 4 port RF on ebay. I see a lot of them that do not have the "2 screw" flat wire hookup. Thats OK, I don't need that but I saw one auction that confussed me. It claims to be for a 2 port system but it looks just like a 4 port RF. Here it is:

2 port RF

Question is, did the 2 port have a similar RF with the difference being you don't need to plug the power in to it?

Also, when I (i hope) someday get a 2 port system can you use a standard "slide switch" RF with it that you would use with a 2600?

Charlie

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Chazbeenhad ]

The one in the picture labeled 2 port RF is really a 4 port RF box. The 2 port model used a regular switch box, although it did come with an "offical Atari" version. The 4 Port RF came in two styles, one with the two screws and one without.

If you need one I have two extra's. e-mail me if your interested.

Tempest

I know the 4port rf won't work with any other systems (at least not my 7800, XE, C64, pong, video pinball), but I do have a regular manual tv switch box hooked up to the 4port rf and have all my rf systems hooked up that way. Don't worry guys, I did not attempt to test it with the 5200 powerpack plugged in.

• 6 months later...

Tempest, correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume he meant has the standard RF swtichbox connected to the Antenna input on the 4-port automatic switchbox. If the 4-port system is turned off, the 4-port switchbox will channel the antenna input to the TV. In this case, the traditional RF switchbox will not come into play and determine what is displayed on the screen.

Doesn't matter as the auction has been pulled...and doesn't appear to be there anymore.

I suspect it was a 2 port 5200 being auctioned with a 4 port switchbox...simply because the seller was unaware. I am sure you could attach a 4 port switchbox to a standard console of that era using RF. But then how would the switch over occur?

I know that I am using the cable in on my 4 port switchbox to connect my Intv through. That way...when the 5200 is off...I get INTV...when I turn the 5200 on...I get Atari Fuji...

quote:

Originally posted by Gunstar:

But I do have a regular manual tv switch box hooked up to the 4port rf and have all my rf systems hooked up that way.

So what you're saying is that a 4-port 5200 CAN use a regular manual RF switchbox? I am currently bidding on a 5200 on eBay that looks to be a 4-port that's missing the switchbox, because the seller says they couldn't figure out how to hook it up. Am I going to need to get a special cable, or does the 5200 have a built-in cable like the 2600, that I could just connect to one of my existing RF switchboxes?