IGNORED

40 years on - anniversary in June 2019. UK International meeting Oct.

blackbox

Back at the CES in June 1979 a new computer was announced- the Texas Instruments TI-99/4 Home Computer.

It was a little while before it was placed on sale in Europe, and a bit longer waiting for the PAL output model....

But 2019 marks 40 years - any celebrations?

As a starter, my first letter from TI in the UK was October 1980, and they invoiced me for the 99/4 as soon as the UK version was available in June 1981. I had to wait longer for Vn 100 of Extended Basic. Before I had a console I became a member of the UK TI User Group, first newsletter February 1981, my name first appeared in the issue of March 1981.

2019 sees the UK as the home of the 34th European Users Gathering (TI Treffen) which will be 4th-6th October in Leicester- see:

http://www.ti99ug.co.uk/ti-treff-2019/

I hope to be there for the Saturday afternoon.

The nearest airport is East Midlands Airport, and Leicester has a rail station with services between London St Pancras and Sheffield, London St Pancras and Nottingham (calling at Luton Airport Parkway), Stansted Airport-Birmingham, and Lincoln-Leicester (calling at East Midlands Parkway). There is also a coach from East Midlands Parkway to Leicester.

• Like 1