IGNORED

Aircars network vs Battlesphere...

TXG/MNX

Hi,

At Jagfest UK we setup a network with catboxes and scatboxes to play 8 player aircars. It did run but the network was problematic.

Playing Battlesphere on the same network ran perfectly. So could someone tell me if the aircars are know to have a bad networking?

TXG/MNX

Considering that aircars is so badly written anyway, im not surprised it didnt work when the network was a mixture of cat/scat/jaglinks etc.

What a waste of a few hours that could have been spent on more battlesphere or worms.... :-)

Considering that aircars is so badly written anyway, im not surprised it didnt work when the network was a mixture of cat/scat/jaglinks etc.

What a waste of a few hours that could have been spent on more battlesphere or worms.... :-)

It did work 2-player with Jaglinks tho.

We're really going to have to run the Worms tourney again next year...maybe this time TXG will do a little better :)

Welcome to the forums btw.

Stone

Hi,

At Jagfest UK we setup a network with catboxes and scatboxes to play 8 player aircars. It did run but the network was problematic.

Playing Battlesphere on the same network ran perfectly. So could someone tell me if the aircars are know to have a bad networking?

TXG/MNX

I found while ScatBox testing that it was really difficult to get the network started because it doesn't automatically detect the different players and you have to set everything up carefully before starting. Then it seemed to help signing in one at a time. Once past the startup it seemed to work pretty smoothly.

I found while ScatBox testing that it was really difficult to get the network started because it doesn't automatically detect the different players and you have to set everything up carefully before starting. Then it seemed to help signing in one at a time. Once past the startup it seemed to work pretty smoothly.

That sounds like what happened - the problem occurred when everyone was getting their player numbers assigned and before gameplay even started. Worked fine on the first day tho :?

Still, the BS network was as much fun anyway ;)

Stone

• 1 month later...
Ok I finally played this game networked with 2 jags and i'm starting to be a believer :) Damn good fun indeed!!! I can't imagine what 8 player network would be like...anyone ever try or come close?

I think the more players you have the harder it is to get it to link up. They didn't bother to write a good auto detect system.

Archived