IGNORED

EBay buyer nonsense

he thought he was getting it with a box and manual for 1/2 the price that Stoneage dude gouges people for. It sold for $65. He charges $130 for them.

Well then he's a cheap skate jackass who doesn't read or look at images. I'd fight it, just to cause him to work for it. Drag the case out as long as you can, using phones and not just their seller bus tossing system alone. Get reps on the phone, demand someone from the domestic office if you get someone from some west asian country which often happens to start. I've had to do it a few times, 100% for screwing a scammer buyer on it too and I've done it like a half dozen times.

As far as that post before yours pointed out, the guy is scum and the image doesn't really matter. But I would argue, it does. You weren't thinking and kind of left it open for asshole level intentional misinterpretation. Whenever I post something on ebay I leave no doubt. I go between either using the glass top of my cocktail table lately, but for years and still now I prop the item in a comfy couch chair I have with a dark green pad I have over it to protect it as the back drop. I've yet to have any item blend into that color to confuse, it just works. Nothing goes into the shot but what will end up in the bubble bag or box that leaves the house and it has worked without fail for normal non douchy buyers and also for scumbags who try tricks. For the aggressive types who try and lie into a discount or a return, that's when I hit the phones.

Funny, as all my Everdrives that came from Krizzk were just small generic cardboard boxes...and a few pages of documentation for lazies who didn't want to go read a forum.

I can't imagine him claiming a box, and to think ebay sided with him. KEY-rice-st.

i bought it from Krikzz himself direct. It didn't even come with a shell, I recycled one from a crappy SMS game.

The main problem is not really with assholes, since they always will be an unfortunate and unavoidable part of life on this planet, but with the middle man itself. As it was mentioned earlier, ebay is heavily skewed towards buyers (for their penny pinching bizznizz reasons) instead of being a fair and neutral body.

And this is why monopolies are bad, mmkay, because now that we allowed it to grow so big (and by proxy suffocate or buy out any wannabe competition) we can't simply go somewhere else. Amazon don't do auctions, has their fee gouging (tho ebay ain't cheap either) and I'd rather smash the item with a hammer than have to deal with Gumtree massive (Craiglist in your area?). This is a truly surreal experience, where within minutes of posting my heavily guarded ad (NO SWAPS, OFFERS AND TIMEWASTERS, THANKS) I'd be hit with "I'll give you my computer speakers for it, one may be not working", "will you sell for 50% of the asking" and "plz can u deliver to my crackhouse area postcode". Once I had a guys asking if I'd be willing to rent the item :D

• Like 2

The main problem is not really with assholes, since they always will be an unfortunate and unavoidable part of life on this planet, but with the middle man itself. As it was mentioned earlier, ebay is heavily skewed towards buyers (for their penny pinching bizznizz reasons) instead of being a fair and neutral body.

And this is why monopolies are bad, mmkay, because now that we allowed it to grow so big (and by proxy suffocate or buy out any wannabe competition) we can't simply go somewhere else. Amazon don't do auctions, has their fee gouging (tho ebay ain't cheap either) and I'd rather smash the item with a hammer than have to deal with Gumtree massive (Craiglist in your area?). This is a truly surreal experience, where within minutes of posting my heavily guarded ad (NO SWAPS, OFFERS AND TIMEWASTERS, THANKS) I'd be hit with "I'll give you my computer speakers for it, one may be not working", "will you sell for 50% of the asking" and "plz can u deliver to my crackhouse area postcode". Once I had a guys asking if I'd be willing to rent the item :D

While I don't disagree that Monopolies are bad (they are) This is 100% on the buyer. In fact, eBay is probably the first monopoly ever that favors the customer over the corporation.

What I didn't realize was that - if I had offered a return policy, rather than choosing "no returns" as the default, then eBay automatically sides with the Seller (me) if the buyer requests a return and doesn't return it in the 5 business days window. So the secret is - offer a return option, and you're covered. It only falls into Limbo if you don't offer returns and then it's your word against the buyer's.

Sounds like you're going to have a happy ending, minus some shipping fees.

What happens in eBay, stains in eBay.

Why are you selling it, anyway? I thought you liked the Master System.

I do, but I was looking for a little extra cash to cover some bills, and it's a bit redundant since I have a Genesis Everdrive which plays all the same Master System games anyway. I bought it when I still had a CRT, so I could use it with the Light Phaser and 3D games, but that's long gone in favor of a 55" UHD, so I can't even justify it for that.

• Like 1

You sound like me and my reasons for dumping the SMS the last time I had one too. Most of the games on it also were mirrored to the Game Gear too between the US and the UK stuff that had no PAL lockout on it. I just never got around to the everdrive, the intent was there, but then I got onto this keep only what matters trip and dumped all my Sega stuff and a lot more. I am at times having second thoughts though about perhaps getting one again, not a real one, either the mega nt device or keeping it cheap as it can everdrive things too, that HD console atgames did and the 2nd revision was nicer than the first.

While I don't disagree that Monopolies are bad (they are) This is 100% on the buyer. In fact, eBay is probably the first monopoly ever that favors the customer over the corporation.

What I didn't realize was that - if I had offered a return policy, rather than choosing "no returns" as the default, then eBay automatically sides with the Seller (me) if the buyer requests a return and doesn't return it in the 5 business days window. So the secret is - offer a return option, and you're covered. It only falls into Limbo if you don't offer returns and then it's your word against the buyer's.

The screwy tuing is that the customer isn't just the buyer in ebay, it's the seller too. Conceptually, ebay has chosen not to recognize this important fact and that's not good. Especially when you end up choosing other places to sell stuff, which are actually beginning to pop up (such as Reverb, for musical instruments).

When ebays sees a big dip in people choosing to sell, the pendulum will swing back to something more sane. I also think that's the whole reason they cranked up their fees because they realized early on that instituting these 'buyer before all' policies, they'd lose a lot of potential sellers...what would ebay be without sellers? Or maybe they just took the Walmart approach, treating sellers the same way they treat suppliers.

Hope this turns out well for you in any case.

Edited by atarilovesyou

I don't think the lack of sellers pendulum will swing anytime soon. As much as people talk trash about them and get burned seeing even just feedback ratings beyond griping on boards like this, they get so many new people who come in daily, and those who just get by and don't get a beating enough to quit. Even when they cut their ebay bucks, cut the feedback for sellers, raised the % of their fees, put fees on shipping charges instead of punishing crooks who abused the system, people kept coming back for more. There is no ebay alternative really so people are just stuck if you want a format like that with global reach. Sure you have facebook marketplace, but it's not as protected or policed really at all either.

• Like 1

I agree, Ebay is too big for pissy customers or bad service to shut them down, just like Comcast or AT&T. As a buyer, I like the buyer protections. As a seller, dealing with the public can be a hassle, so I only list stuff in primo condition. I won't sell anything that I wouldn't want to receive myself, so ValueVillage sometimes gets some "just OK" donations and I get a tax break, without having to list or ship anything.

Yeah that's mostly how I handle it quality wise. The rare cases I let something like a loose disc go, it better have minimal marks at best and I'm clear about what they get since game scammers are more testy than others I've handled. You get into other old stuff like toys and things, you just need to be basic about it and have pictures from all sides and it stays calm. Game fools they'll imagine anything they can bitch about not working to get a partial refund or worse. I've got my steps for how I list games due to all the horror stories and somehow I've dodged the bullet so far.

This is a fact of life selling on eBay, and I don't get mad about it anymore. Some buyers will send a wormy e-mail about how something isn't like they thought it was, and I feel like they are just fishing for partial refunds (if I didn't make a mistake). I don't do this, so I simply tell them I'm sorry that happened and to go through the return process and send it back to me if they aren't satisfied.

Probably 80% of the time, they never return it. The few that do, I just test and relist it at a higher price to cover the shipping loss, or else sell it on the forums.

Luckily, I haven't ever had someone go so far as to send me back something broken or swapped out... yet.

Edited by R.Cade

Heh - so I found an inadvertent way to put the returning buyer on ice for a while.

He took a few days to get around to shipping it out, so I know it would likely arrive this week, and I'm traveling for work so I wouldn't be home to receive and check it out before finalizing the refund. So since it came back USPS I initiated a package intercept, so they would hold it at the PO. So now it has arrived at the PO but according to the tracking it still shows as "In Transit". LOL.

I'll pick it up Friday, let him wait another week. Perfect.

Is this one of the auction photos? If it is then it does look like there is a blue SD card sticking out of the top of the Master Everdrive. I'm not sufficiently familiar with that Everdrive to know where the SD card is inserted.

For the record, here's the photo the he claimed shows a case and documents.

s-l1600.jpg

No, they got you. You took a picture that included things you didn't ship...

Others are selling around the price you sold for that come with the box and SD card full of games, BTW. Illegal or not...

Like I said... Don't get mad, just suck it up and resell it and learn the lesson. Put it in an old game case with a nice printed label and include a "blank SD card". :)

Edited by R.Cade
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear and I hope things work out for the best.

Here's some information that might help for those who sell on Ebay and are concerned with buyers pulling scams. As an example, say you receive your Everdrive back and find out that he opened it up and swapped the pcb out with a Chinese clone. If you contact Ebay, they're going to say something along the lines like "Well how do we know that the you didn't ship the buyer that in the first place?" and will try to rule in buyers favor. So here's what you do and I've done it several times and will keep doing it because internet fraud sucks.

Go to https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspxand file a Federal Internet Fraud Report. It doesn't take but maybe 10 minutes. You'll get a case number. Call Ebay back and submit that case number. They'll rule in your favor. They know that sellers won't file false reports with the FBI because that's just silly and not real smart. Oh and the Feds will investigate, it might take a good while but they'll eventually get to it.

You're welcome and good luck! ;-)

• Like 2

Is this one of the auction photos? If it is then it does look like there is a blue SD card sticking out of the top of the Master Everdrive. I'm not sufficiently familiar with that Everdrive to know where the SD card is inserted.

not having an SD card was not one of his complaints, because I stated in the description that no SD card would be included.

His complaint was that it didn't come with a case and instructions, which are not in that photo by any means, but he seems to thing they are.

No, they got you. You took a picture that included things you didn't ship...

Others are selling around the price you sold for that come with the box and SD card full of games, BTW. Illegal or not...

Like I said... Don't get mad, just suck it up and resell it and learn the lesson. Put it in an old game case with a nice printed label and include a "blank SD card". :)

Unless you're suggesting I was expected to ship my desk to him as well, (it is clearly visible in the background) then no - that's not how any of this works.

This was nothing more than buyers remorse.

Unless you're suggesting I was expected to ship my desk to him as well, (it is clearly visible in the background) then no - that's not how any of this works.

This was nothing more than buyers remorse.

Agreed, and I understand, and you understand. The issue is you allowed for doubt. :)