IGNORED

Anyone use an analog audio to Bluetooth adapter?

boxpressed

I'm trying to connect the audio from my consoles to a Samsung soundbar via Bluetooth. I have a projector set up in the back of the room and the soundbar in the front, so a wireless setup is very attractive. (This setup works great with an Amazon Fire TV stick.)

The PS3 has Bluetooth built in, but it is an old standard that cannot output game audio.

I think there are adapters that accept analog audio inputs via stereo RCA and then transmit Bluetooth using the latest standard. I was wondering if anyone used one and if they were acceptable for gaming.

Bleh... soundbars... I'd take a good home theater system over that always. I'll use my 5.1 Yamaha system as long as it still works. Coaxial/optical/HDMI for modern stuff and RCA for my classic systems and even my turntable (using a separate preamp because it doesn't have one built in). No way in hell would I submit my audio to an extra DA/AD conversion.

Bleh... soundbars... I'd take a good home theater system over that always. I'll use my 5.1 Yamaha system as long as it still works. Coaxial/optical/HDMI for modern stuff and RCA for my classic systems and even my turntable (using a separate preamp because it doesn't have one built in). No way in hell would I submit my audio to an extra DA/AD conversion.

I've also recycled two CRTs in the past year, including a 35" Trinitron.

Anyway, I went ahead and bought this one from Amazon last night. Really liking the potential minimalism of this setup: console, projector, soundbar. And now this thing.

Interesting idea. I never thought of that kind of an adapter before. Id like to hear how it turns out. My sound bar has a 1/8" jack so I would just use the RCA to 1/8" adapter.

Sure, it arrives tomorrow. Normally, I would probably just use an optical or 1/8" connection, but because I'm using this with a projector, that's not an ideal solution. The projector is in the back of the room, and the soundbar is in the front.

My kid and his friend had a fun time today playing 3D Dot Game Heroes on a 120" projected image.

I had a chance to test the device with my 486 and Soundblaster 16 with a 1/8" connection. I'm paired to the soundbar, which is about three feet away from the transmitter. It sounds great, but there's about a quarter-second delay in the sound. That's almost a deal breaker. I'm going to test it with other consoles and with the optical cable. I don't expect the lag to go away, however.