IGNORED

Ad for Enter the Matrix - Have you seen this crap?!

Ehrbad

I think he's just trying to keep fresh in all of our minds what a STUPID name "Infogrames" is/was for a company.

Weren't they originally a French company? Maybe the name is some play on words in French? Or am I mixing things up with some other company?

The name could be derived from "Informatique" (Computer science) and "Programmes" (Programs). I think in French the pronounciation wouldn't change, no matter if there are 1 or 2 "m"s. It would be "ã-faw-GRAHM" more or less. (The final "es" is silent.)

Pitfall was 3D back in the day. See? The land you walked on wasn't depicted by a single line (like Mario Bros) But as two lines, one below your characture, and one behind him. See? 3-D LOL Kidding (actually as a kid, I thought it was cool looking)

I have little Ill will towards Infograms, and I love Atari, but why the hell wold a company dismiss it's own history? Even if it was bought by someone else? The only thing I didn't like about Infogrames is that it seems, compared to other games, that while their titles are fun, they have many cut corners and and air half assedness about them.

Archived