IGNORED

The MyIDE Label Design contest!

davidcalgary29

Sijmen Schouten, Mr. Atari himself, very kindly sent me a "MyIDE" 8-bit hard drive interface a few days ago.

PROBLEM: The MyIDE kit does come with its own lovely label, but most of my cartridge collection is in the XEGS format...and I'm hoping that someone will be able to design a cartridge label for me that I'll be able to use for the MyIDE carts! A mock-up box would also be helpful, too!

(Sijmen kindly gave his permission to use his product in a contest)

I'm going to sacrifice one of my "Bug Hunt" carts to the good cause (square, ridged cart).

THE PRIZE: A $25 credit at Atari2600.com -- and a surprise Lynx cartridge!

DEADLINE: July 1st, 2003 at 5 p.m. MST

Want to know more about MyIDE?

http://home.wanadoo.nl/mr.atari/hardware-intro.htm

Howdy,

I am very interested on this, can you give me more details?

Like what size?, is it just a label or also the logo to go with it?, do you have a preference on the look? (xegs look, silver atari look, ???)

Howdy,

I am very interested on this, can you give me more details?

Like what size?, is it just a label or also the logo to go with it?, do you have a preference on the look? (xegs look, silver atari look, ???)

You're free to set your own parameters. I am, as stated, going to sacrifice a copy of "Bug Hunt" to the good cause, so labels should be able to fit onto a standard square-case XE cart. Both IceCold and Happy Dude have the right idea...but feel free to be as creative as you like!

One consideration: if you're going for a silver or brown label, a picture would look out-of-place (which is a reason that I do prefer the XEGS-type labels).

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

After serious consideration to both entries, I've had to make the difficult decision and award Happy_Dude the big prize. Congratulations, and thanks for providing me with a new colour label! PM me and I'll forward your Atari2600.com credit (and game) too you.

Archived