IGNORED

Atari Jaguar cart holder from etsy

LS650

I received this cartridge holder for the Atari Jaguar yesterday. I have to say I have mixed feelings about it....

It does look pretty good and I like the design. However, I think it is just a smidge too small. To insert carts is difficult: I find that the slots are very, very snug. If I push a cart all the way into a slot, it takes a tremendous amount of force to pry the cart back out. The slots should really be at least a couple more millimeters wider and longer. Pretty disappointing.

I wrote to the etsy vendor, and all he wrote back was essentially, "Gosh that's too bad - for future orders we'll try printing at 101% or 102% so the carts fit better."

So, yeah, I can't recommend the vendor. If you print your own from the files on thingiverse, you might well have a better experience.

Why not just ask him to replace it with one that is better?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... just had the idea for 3D printed labels from all this: A name of the cartridge printed in a half-cylinder to snap on over your cartridge handle.

Wouldn't mind a raised tactile text of Joust.. maybe Doom... definitely Bubsy.. Would work best with the shorter names. Great for finding a cartridge in the dark.

• 3 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 10:36 PM, ls650 said:

I received this cartridge holder for the Atari Jaguar yesterday. I have to say I have mixed feelings about it....

It does look pretty good and I like the design. However, I think it is just a smidge too small. To insert carts is difficult: I find that the slots are very, very snug. If I push a cart all the way into a slot, it takes a tremendous amount of force to pry the cart back out. The slots should really be at least a couple more millimeters wider and longer. Pretty disappointing.

I wrote to the etsy vendor, and all he wrote back was essentially, "Gosh that's too bad - for future orders we'll try printing at 101% or 102% so the carts fit better."

So, yeah, I can't recommend the vendor. If you print your own from the files on thingiverse, you might well have a better experience.

Thanks for posting this. I was considering purchasing one of these. Perhaps you saved me some money and frustration.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:36 AM, ls650 said:

He really went the extra mile trying to take care of a valued customer, didn't he?