IGNORED

Opinions on navigation requested

I'd like any opinions on this. Currently, when you click on a system in the navigation, you're presented with a sub-menu of items. Currently there are about 12 items per system. Do you use all of these navigation links?

I'm most curious if you use the 'Cartridge Scan', 'Box Scan', and 'Screenshots' links. Personally, I usually go through the Rarity Guide link to get these items as they're laid out pretty much the same way except the Rarity Guide gives you more options.

I'd like to add some more links - namely 'Controllers' and 'Consoles' or something along those lines, but I don't want the Nav to get too cluttered. Would anyone object if we removed the 'Box Scans', 'Cartridge Scans', and 'Screenshots' links? Or do you like them? Does having lots of menu sub-items feel cluttered, or should we just add more to it and leave the existing links?

Any opinions appreciated.

Alex-

I don't think the navigation looks cluttered at all. It is very easy to use, and I believe would be even with the addition of more items.

As a counterpoint, however, I have never used the 'Cartridge Scan', 'Box Scan', or 'Screenshots' links personally. I too just use the rarity guide section.

I guess I don't have a personal need for the 3 individual image page links, but I don't think they detract from the overall 'user-friendliness' of the site.

Hmmm, I've been no help at all...

On the contrary, that's helpful, thanks for the input. We're not making any drastic changes or anything, I just wanted to get an idea of what people are using or how they feel about the structure.

I don't use all 12 items. I probably use about 3.

The main things I care about are people who worked on 2600 games and the month/year each game was released to the public in the United States.

Even though I want to know who worked on what, I use the Rarity Guide to find the exact game I want information on. I never look up the programmer's name. I just go to the game information and see what's listed, and that's usually not much since you guys are still working on it.

I know you are asking about your navigation, but I want to let you know that I can't wait until you guys add more cool info about each 2600 game. Tidbits from the programmers and other things would be cool. Like the "laser" from "Laser Blast" was used to create the vine in Pitfall. I love that kind of information!

I hope you can contact more programmers and find more information about who programmed the games you don't have information on. There are still a lot of 2600 games that have no programmer/designer listed. We need to find the programmer of every Atari 2600 game before it's too late. They're not getting any younger. We have to hurry!

Thanks,

D.A.H. from the F of i

For the most part, I use the Rarity Guide to find game info. Once I find game info, then I might check out some scans, but I can't say that there has ever been a time (as yet) where I have used any of the scan options from the menu. Hope this helps...