IGNORED

Saturn Wierdness

Can anyone shed light on a problem I'm having with my Saturn and one particular game, In The Hunt? For some reason when the game starts, or when you end and start over, if there's a joystick plugged in the system hangs. Quite annoying...can anyone shed some light on this and/or a possible solution?

Eric

I can't shed any light I am afraid. However, know that your not alone. My saturn will always lock up with an actual PC error listing in Daytona. Doesn't do it all the time..but about once in every 3 times I boot up that game it will. Also, I can only play Virtua Racing for about 10 minutes before the Saturn locks up on that one too. No error codes...just locks up. I suspect the Saturn does have heat related issues which could be causing this. However, there isn't really any room in the saturn to add cooling fans.

Thanks...I noticed that it doesn't seem to matter which controller type, whether you're pressing anything or nothing, and, as indicated in the other thread, sometimes it will start with the controller plugged in.

Interesting.

Eric

Archived