IGNORED

How many levels where in the original Gauntlet coin op.

Atari2600Lives

I was on level 40 and I came to post this letter and when I went back I accidentaly hit the escape key on the keyboard hooked up to my mame cabinet (instead of the P for pause). . I could of hit any other key and been Ok but the escape key shuts down the game.

An Hour and a half and 1,2000,000+ points down the tubes. :x :x :x :sad: :sad: :sad: :|

• 3 months later...

Probably 255 levels (8 bit adress space). Like pacman. But there are about two ways to test that theory:

1) play the game up until that level and finish it

2) de-assemble the roms and figure it out.

And personally i think that 2) is going to take a lot more time than 1), but i might be mistaken.

Google is your friend.  A quick search revealed this page which has several Gauntlet FAQs.  Here is a quote from the Gauntlet I FAQ:

Q:  Does Gauntlet I have an ending?

A:  No.  I have played Gauntlet I to level 999 and beyond.  After level 999,  

the next level is level 8 (it wraps around).

..Al

They're not all unique levels, though. Aren't there something like 15 levels after the first 6 that just keep repeating?

• 2 weeks later...
They're not all unique levels, though. Aren't there something like 15 levels after the first 6 that just keep repeating?

Seems to me I played the game to like LVL60+ and dont recall repeating levels. I might have been playing Gauntlet 2 tho. Hmmmm You can save a game in MAME cant you? I've always wanted to play through Gauntlet

Archived