IGNORED

Is Aircars really as rare as they say it is?

SuperDork3000

Nope. Different graphics' date=' different menus, different network setup, different code, different different different different!!!!

The label is only the icing on the rarity cake!!![/quote']

Well that could have been it then :) We'll know to look out for it next year, at least.

Stone

Chances are probably 99.7% that every one you see is a plain-jane common run-of-the-mill everyday old non-"k-a" version.

Where does these common carts come from?

Does this mean there are 1000+ carts outthere?

How can I identify the K-A version?

Its easy just look for the K-A(Kids to Adult) icon in the right hand corner of the label and the cart has some more weight than common cart :wink:

Okay but some carts weight less then others what's so different between these? Do the 'original' carts have 4 chips and the 'common' 2 chips?

How many common are around? Where there two production runs? Did someone else make these carts aswell??

TXG/MNX

Nope. Different graphics' date=' different menus, different network setup, different code, different different different different!!!!

The label is only the icing on the rarity cake!!![/quote']

Well that could have been it then :) We'll know to look out for it next year, at least.

Stone

Chances are probably 99.7% that every one you see is a plain-jane common run-of-the-mill everyday old non-"k-a" version.

Where does these common carts come from?

Does this mean there are 1000+ carts outthere?

How can I identify the K-A version?

Its easy just look for the K-A(Kids to Adult) icon in the right hand corner of the label and the cart has some more weight than common cart :wink:

Okay but some carts weight less then others what's so different between these? Do the 'original' carts have 4 chips and the 'common' 2 chips?

How many common are around? Where there two production runs? Did someone else make these carts aswell??

TXG/MNX

If you have a heavy cart then you have one of the original ones made by ICD. ICD never made any "light" ones, so chances are someone is burning their own carts and trying to pass them off as the real thing.

SuperDork3000 wrote:

@TXG/MNX

You must really love Aircars...I see that your bidding on another one. Is that like your 5th one??Thats sick dude, the game is total crap

No this would be my third one the other auctions I lost I like to have some so I could do an Aircars Tournament in the Netherlands next year...

(Maybe some people want to donate there crappy aircars cartridges to me )

TXG/MNX

Why go to all that bother youcould just invite me! As long as it is not in Amsterdam ;-) right!

Between us we can make a full network, maybe we can even get it to work this time :D  Also Holland is one of the countires I have never visited, so what better excuse????

Gaztee

:twisted:

I just wanted to add that AirCars titles that were sold by Zentanyx Multimedia had no rating on them. The game is a bit of fun in two player. They sold very well and I'd sell more of them if there were a supply of them. It is rare.

Well I heard Bruce from B&C has a bunch of Aircars laying around without labels on them yet :ponder:

That's a pretty serious allegation. I hope you can back it up!

I have a bunch of Battlesphere Golds lying around without labels in my gameroom. :P :D

Great! Now that you figured out how to produce clear cases for cheap, I's like to place an order with you.

Well I heard Bruce from B&C has a bunch of Aircars laying around without labels on them yet :ponder:

Email and ask him...

How could he possibly have a bunch of Air Cars lying around incomplete? It makes no sense whatsoever. How can you explain this?

How could he possibly have a bunch of Air Cars lying around incomplete? It makes no sense whatsoever. How can you explain this?

Maybe Bruce struck a secret deal with Tom Harker back when Tom decided to disappear..? :D

Maybe Bruce struck a secret deal with Tom Harker back when Tom decided to disappear..? :D

If that were the case then why make it a secret? When Ambient Distortions made a deal to produce BIWN, it was explained publicly so that people wouldn't think it was an illegal game. See what I mean?

If that were the case then why make it a secret? When Ambient Distortions made a deal to produce BIWN, it was explained publicly so that people wouldn't think it was an illegal game. See what I mean?

Actually, I was joking, although I have heard that same thing elsewhere. I have no clue why B&C would have those sitting around.... :?

Perhaps they got a job lot when the original producers decided to bin the project.  Could simply be they were made and they just never got labels stuck on them.

You seem to forget that the original manufacturer and eventual distributor was part of 4Play at the time when Air Cars came out, and since 4Play == ScatoLOGIC the details of these things were known to all of us because we were using Air Cars sales figures to calculate BattleSphere sales estimates...

I have a bunch of Battlesphere Golds lying around without labels in my gameroom. :P :D

Great! Now that you figured out how to produce clear cases for cheap, I's like to place an order with you.

$364.00 per copy.... heh! No label, no box, no instruction manual and it's packaged in a standard envelope so it may get smashed, but please don't tell the "person" with the copyright, I'd hate to get sued.... :D

You seem to forget that the original manufacturer and eventual distributor was part of 4Play at the time when Air Cars came out, and since 4Play == ScatoLOGIC the details of these things were known to all of us because we were using Air Cars sales figures to calculate BattleSphere sales estimates...

How were you doing that, by multiplying the number of AirCars carts sold by 100? :D

Perhaps they got a job lot when the original producers decided to bin the project.  Could simply be they were made and they just never got labels stuck on them.

I wasn't aware of that, I thought it was ICD entirely.

Perhaps you were unaware that the same company that bought you Air Cars is also responsible for creating the "Cat Box" which impressed you so much at JFUK, and is also the same company who took pre-payments for over a large number (possibly over 100) of these Cat Box devices and never delivered.

Perhaps you were unaware that the same company that bought you Air Cars is also responsible for creating the "Cat Box" which impressed you so much at JFUK, and is also the same company who took pre-payments for over a large number (possibly over 100) of these Cat Box devices and never delivered.

Hmm interesting, so I guess you know these people. Why not convince them to release everything they have done to the public, sources, pcb's and more about aircars and the catbox so they came so that they can clear there past and that we can forget about these 100 pre-payments...

Hmm interesting, so I guess you know these people. Why not convince them to release everything they have done to the public, sources, pcb's and more about aircars and the catbox so they came so that they can clear there past and that we can forget about these 100 pre-payments...

Absolutely NOT.

a) We dissolved all relations with this guy (not people) when he pulled that prepay stunt.

b) I do not think it would be fair to the 100+ people who payed for a Catbox and never got one for the materials to be released to the public. What really should happen is the materials should be put together and sold off for a reasonable price and the money from that should go to compensate the people who paid and didn't get anything.

c) I understand that several people have made attempts to get these materials from this crook. Anyone who's working with this criminal in my opinion is a lowlife scum. If someone were dealing with him and paying him money for rights to these items and he is NOT using that money to refund payments then that's even WORSE. If someone knowingly paid him for some rights and he didn't use that to make refunds then that person is just as much a crook as ICD.

The fact the people even contacted him with offers is scummy enough in my book.

hmm but I think that when all these things are get lost all the people who have payed in advance are not helped...

So maybe when they release everything to the public they can do something back without showing themself to the public...

Atleast we have something now we have nothing only money we will never get back... :|

I knew ICD made the catbox, and were involved in AIrcars (which was what my original statement was based on). I know that the guy took preorders and ran with the cash. What this has to do with my Aircars remark is lost on me.

(ICD also made some nice SCSI controllers for the ST's)

Archived