IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Golf version 3

RSS Bot

You're probably thinking, "Hey, what happened to version 2?" Well, I had some more extra time so I thought I'd put a score in.
In version 2, I added a stream, the hole (which unfortunately has to be red), and hitting the ball. I thought I'd make another version of Golf after thinking about how I would go about doing this. So it will not be like the Atari 2600 and Odyssey 2 versions after all, but a new approach (no pun intended).

What you do now is line up the club to the ball and press fire. Once fire is released, the ball will start moving, the shots taken counter will increase, and the guy is frozen while the ball is moving. When the ball stops moving, the guy will automatically be near the ball. In this version though, all you can do is watch the ball as it moves, it doesn't stop once you hit it. I am thinking that if you approach the ball from the right moving left, that will make the ball move left, approaching from the left moving right will hit the ball right, and so on.

Sorry about the tiny ball and hole. I had to do it that way. A few more hours of coding this game was spent. Most of which was making sure the ball got hit only at the specified place and making the shot counter move up. The one digit number is the hole #. I decided to only have 9 holes in this game because I'm not a golf course designer. I guess you have to go to a special school to be able to design golf courses. I don't know.

I also made it so the guy can't cross the stream. So the only way to get past it is to hit the ball past it. But now, a short few days' break because I got tired of this.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-39331200-1554358398.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15696-golf-version-3/