IGNORED

Just got a Wii U dudes, what do I need to know?

We have a Wii, amd finally found a Wii U at a fantastic price. It's quite dusty and I'd like to clean it up but the process to open it seems a bit tricky...maybe just hit the vents with some compressed air and vacuum? It's missing the stylus but we have one for the 3DS.

Is it just as simple as unplug the Wii and put in the Wii U?..I read that somewhere.

Looking forward to all the Nintendo series my fam loves, any other suggestions? Tips? Thanks in advance!

If you have a Wii and an SD card, it's worth it to do the transfer of everything to the U. The only thing you lose is GameCube playback, if even that.

The power supply and sensor bar are the same. I never even unwrapped the ones that came with my U

• Like 1

The transfer is something to see IF you have any digital downloads on the Wii.

If you don't -- you could just add an external USB drive to the Wii U (200GB would be more than enough) and buy stuff from the Wii U store because scarcity of physical disks sucks. They have PunchOut, the Mario Galaxy games, a bunch of 3D Zelda games, Xenoblade, and much more.

The Virtual Console is pretty nice on the Wii U too. And you could mod your old Wii wince you have a "new" system now.

I bought a Wii U when Gamestop had a $100 sale on it a little while back. Then I was able to cobble together another one after buying the console and the gamepad separately. I'm going to try to softmod this second one largely to be able to have lots of Wii games at the ready to play via HDMI.

I got one off of OfferUp over the summer from a dad who said his kids didn't play it. I ended up getting it right before Gamestop had a 2 for 1 sale, and I went a little nuts buying used physical games for it.

I used to be into modding and playing pirated stuff, but I think I'm too old or lazy or rich for that now. I'm content to get physical games for the thing and hold on to them the same way I hold on to every other console. However, I'm a little worried about the gamepad battery dying over time.

• Like 1