IGNORED

DoctorSpuds Reviews Things - Licensed Week! (The Week of...)

RSS Bot

This is going to be a bit of a strange Week Of. While trawling through AtariMania I noticed a large amount of released and unreleased licensed games on 2600. There are many well-known licensed games on 2600, games like Krull, E.T., and Kool-Aid Man all fall into this category, but I'm going to dig a little further to see if I can give you something that you've maybe never heard of before.

Just to clarify, when I mean a licensed game I'm referring to a game that is based on an already existing intellectual property, product, or brand. This terminology also includes arcade ports and conversions, but I won't be including any of those since that would be too predictable.

A little heads up though, many of these reviews will have to be incomplete as many of the games themselves were never finished and remain only as prototypes, so it's likely that the games will be easily exploited or broken is some shape or form.

Here's a list of some of the games I'll be considering.

Alligator People
Any of the Sesame Street and Muppets Games
A-Team
Bugs Bunny
Cabbage Patch Kids
Care Bears
Donald Ducks Speedboat
Dukes of Hazzard
Dumbo's Flying Circus
Garfield
Good Luck, Charlie Brown
Grover's Music Maker
Halloween
Lord of the Rings - Journey to Rivendell
Return of the Jedi - Ewok Adventure
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (version one and two)
Snoopy and the Red Baron
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I won't be reviewing all of them, but I'll try to select the best, worst, and weirdest for your viewing pleasure, the first will be coming out tomorrow and I think you're gonna like it.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/729/entry-15722-licensed-week-the-week-of/