IGNORED

How about a chat room?

Wntermute

Yeah, I considered that. I'll take a look at their site though, just to see what kind of services they offer and what it would take for us to program it.

My apprehension is that it might be at cross-purposes to the message board. One nice thing about the message board is that posts are archived and you can refer back to them. Anything said in a chat rooom will disappear pretty quickly I think.

Anyone else have comments? Would you like to see a chat room?

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: Alex ]

I can tell you this...

If you had a chatroom...I would be there.

I already find myself with a near constant connection to several chats already. It isn't all I do of course as I obviously have a job. But it might sometimes be quicker to talk about somethings in a chat room..than to wait for postings in the forums.

I would use it.

quote:

My apprehension is that it might be at cross-purposes to the message board. One nice thing about the message board is that posts are archived and you can refer back to them. Anything said in a chat rooom will disappear pretty quickly I think.

You could have a log of the chats, and edit out the irelivent(sp) items, and have that avalibe like the change log, that way if anything interesting is said in the chat, it wont be lost.

Well, suffice to say, we don't talk about JUST Star Wars 24-7 in #swtz.. there are discussions of video games that pop up and I do have a couple friends bring up my Mines Of Minos record to impress the newbies (which then spawns a huge retrogaming discussion for the next half hour).

Either way, the way I see it is.. the chat room would be for people to chat about anything. If someone had something really profound to announce or relate to everyone else, I'm sure they'd also chime in on the message boards.

Added:} Tell ya what guys.. if you don't mind hanging out with a bunch of Star Wars collectors, we could all chat in #swtz on IRC server chat.webmaster.com (Java chat page is at http://www.collectstarwars.com/chat.htm ) until Alex and AL can get something together.

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Wntermute ]

I'm not a big fan of this, mainly because I'm not a native english.

It's sometimes hard enough for me, to follow the posts (i.E. atari70s ) and I fear it would become even more difficulty for me to follow the chat.

I've tried other english chats and the writing style there was much less understandable to me, than most posts on this and other messageboards.

well, you're going to have to put me down for a "No, sir" vote on the chatroom.

Its just like its said above, lots would be said in the chatroom that's not saved for all to read like it is now on the messageboard, and besides, I like reading the board at 3am sometimes, and no one would be in the chat room at that time anyway