IGNORED

Atari 2600 Desktop Theme

Tommy17

Thanks. Yeah, I like that one too. It's my wallpaper in fact.

Thanks for putting that cool screensaver together, dude!! How many slides are there in it? I only watched it for a couple minutes.

Not a problem. Just a little contribution to the Atari lover community. There are about 30 slides. I put in the games that I have, a couple of pictures of the console itself and a few other things. I am glad that you liked it. Enjoy.

My personal favourite has to be...

CX2112

Rush Moving Pictures

:D

Glad that you liked it. I saw one guy who made a KISS version of it and it gave me the idea to do a Rush one.

Now all we need is a Rush 2112 cart.....sweeeet!

Thanks very much, Tommy17!! Excellent screen saver and I've installed it on my PC. Friends were over last night and their two kids, ages 11 & 13 sat in front of my PC staring at it for a VERY long time and then asked questions about the system, games etc.

Again, Thanks for making this excellent screen saver.

I do have one question to everyone in general: one of the screens shows an Atari 2600 catalog and its says "45 Game Cartridges". When do you think this catalog was published? From the looks of it, I would say it came out with the silver boxed cartridges and I would be almost positive that there were more than 45 cartridges out by then.

Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks in advance!

Mendon

Thanks very much, Tommy17!! Excellent screen saver and I've installed it on my PC. Friends were over last night and their two kids, ages 11 & 13 sat in front of my PC staring at it for a VERY long time and then asked questions about the system, games etc.

Again, Thanks for making this excellent screen saver.

I do have one question to everyone in general: one of the screens shows an Atari 2600 catalog and its says "45 Game Cartridges". When do you think this catalog was published? From the looks of it, I would say it came out with the silver boxed cartridges and I would be almost positive that there were more than 45 cartridges out by then.

Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks in advance!

Mendon

You are very welcome. I am glad that you and everyone else is enjoying it. As I said, I couldn't find anything decent on the web. What's the old saying ? If you want something done right, you do it yourself ? LOL.

That is cool that the kids showed interest in the games. My two little ones are having a blast with the 2600. The Xbox, PSX ,etc. is cool, but there is something special about the old classic.

The only clue to when it was made was on the back of the catalog. There is a copyright date of 1981. I have an extra one if you want it. I also have one catalog with a 1982 date. It states 49 games.

Tommy #17

Archived